Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new car low mileage what should i do

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new car low mileage what should i do

i just recently purchased a 2001 som camaro ss at the time of purchase it had 4800 miles now it has 6000. i dont think the car sat completley. the original owner was a car collector and he only drove it once in a blue moon. I checked all the fluids and the oil was just recently changed. But i was just wondering for a car like that should i change the spark plugs or wires or anything i am not used to having a brand new car that is 5 years old.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought the hawk with 325 miles on it I kinda thought like you. I changed the oil to my brand even though it had been changed atleast 2 times by the first owner. I now have 12,500 miles and I have no plans of changing the plugs or wires unless I knew something was wrong with the original. I wanted to put the new red top battery in but there is nothing wrong with the factory one I have in the car now, that would of been a waste of money by me. Enjoy your car, I hope to be enjoying mine as soon as I can get over the fact that I might have to drive in the rain or snow this winter.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

Its fine..gas is about the only thing that will go bad and since youve changed the oil, thats the only other thing that could possible mess up. Hell i bought my SS at 22k miles and it now has 39 and its till has the same plug and it still runs like a champ
Old 09-18-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might as well change out the spark plugs and wires, but if you are planning on modding it in the future then id wait as its easier doing it with a header install. Other than that maybe a coolant flush/tranny fluid change/fuel filter change would help, but im just super meticulous with that stuff.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

yea i am definatly enjoying my new (5 year old) car. And i was pissed the first time i had to drive it in the rain.

yea i think i will wait i plan on buying some pacesetters soon