Sponsored by:

More Power!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Iwreckedmybike04
Are the SVO#30 going to just plug in?

What is the highest rated lbs/hr fuel pump I can put on the car being that its stock?

Along with fuel rails, injectors etc.

My next goal is to upgrade the fuel system.

I wish for it to support up to at least 500-700hp on a regulator.

My uncle builds engines for Petty Enterprizes, and he wont give me any secrets. But he did tell me that the reason my car is so much different from his vette is, His has full exhaust and a fuel system. He also added that chevorlet has limited the fuel system&exhaust in our cars for insurance purpose. It would have two high of a horsepower rating to sell in the category that its in if the fuel/air/exhaust department on our LS1's was sent out to their fullest potential. He told me that from stock, I could bolt-on in just the fuel department alone 400-500hp.

The reason Im asking so many questions is he wont tell me what name brands, type of equipment or anything. He also make's things for his racecar's so he might be thinking about what he could do.

All I know is his corvette Is nice, and superfast. It makes my LS1 look like childs play!! haha

I just wish I could step it up to hang with him at the strip!

again thanks for all your time and help.

Respectfully,
Chris
no offense but your uncle is feeding you a load of crap. yes the exhaust system is superior on the corvette to the camaro but only marginal, and that margin being that the corvette has TD's. anyways, the fuel delivery system is the same. infact, stock for stock an F-body will put down more RWHP than a Corvette. so in essence if you want your car to be as fast as a stock Corvette, put her on a diet. but good luck losing 1000 lbs in worthless **** from your car without sacraficing comfort or ease of operation. anyways, your going to need full bolt ons and a damn good H/C/I combo and one helluva tune for 600hp. and you may as well forget about your idea about leaving the tranny and rear alone, because that 4L60E, while stout, is no match for a well built LS1. dont even get me started on the shitty 10 bolt. the first time you get a good hook off the line with anything more than a stock motor, its toast. even a good 12 bolt is no match for wheel hop so you need to upgrade the rear suspension to keep that $2200.00 rear planted. while 600-700 hp is relitivaly easy on these motors, it is in no way cheap with all the supporting mods needed to make the 600-700 hp useable. be prepared to spend nothing short of 10k to acheive a useable 600 RWHP.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

oh and another thing, you tell us what your uncle is running at the strip and we can give you an exact formula to waste him.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iwreckedmybike04
Hi, Im Chris.

Im looking to build my 2001 Z28.
It is an auto/transmission car.
im running mid 12s on street tires with bolt-ons and gears. (but im also a M6)

for autos, bolt ons, stall, gears, Drag radials will help u alot (my friends with A4's run low 12s)
Old 10-25-2006, 07:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would just do full exhaust, and supercharge it.