New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want 600 wrhp

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 03:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the positive comments. This really helps me know where to start looking, what parts to look for and ho much I can expect to spend.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

If you are serious about such a setup then you need to decide the route and use of the vehicle.

There is no one best way of approaching it, hell there probably aren't even 5 best ways of getting to 600rwhp. There are loads.

If your not at the track I assume its street racing? In that case why no nitrous?

A good nitrous setup can get you a lot of HP fairly saflley, well as safe as any other method.

Budget setup:
-bolt on's
-wild cam
-150-200 shot

Potentially you could be seeing 550-620rwhp with such a setup and it really won't be that expensive, but over time expect things to break.

Building a fully built sorted car will cost a lot of money, as it will with pretty much any setup. A fast car is so much more than just a rwhp figure.

If you have some cash to spend, then forged the stock long block and add either a blower or a turbo. The STS rear mount turbo's are pretty cheap, this way you should quite easily be able to exceed 600rwhp with saftey. Many run this level of HP on stock internals, but again expect it break - it will be a matter of when not if.

-n/a
-big displacement
-nitrous
-FI
-or a combination of some/all of the above

An alternative is a different car, a 03/4 Cobra is a good basis. Just a few bolt on's and a swap to a twin screw blower and a reliable 600-650rwhp can be had. Easy and mod for mod a lot cheaper. However a Terminator will cost you more to buy.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

$15K sounds about right to me.