Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical gremlins? posted on perf trucks no responses

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 06:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical gremlins? posted on perf trucks no responses

I hope you guys can help ive been having electrical gremlins since january. I Replaced the battery in my 1999 silvy (4.8) back in july of 05 the stock battery finally gave up the ghost the negative side terminal fell out of the battery. So i replaced the battery truck drove fine no problems drove it everyday. Dec i leased a new sierra so the silvy sat for like a week and the battery died, jumped it ran fine then within a few days it died again same scenario it died within a few hours. I replace the battery with another new battery, july or there abouts same problem talked to a couple of people said to check the alternator i tested the alternator on an osciliscope and it appeared one of the diodes was going bad so i was told that possibly after the diode gets hot when it cools down it would draw juice back in so i replace the alternator (had 98,000 miles at the time) well it was good while i drove the truck everyday but i let the truck sit and it did the same thing so i took out the battery which was dead as a door nail and put it on a charger gave it a full charge and within a day after letting the battery sit i checked the voltage and it dropped two volts on its own within a day, so i replace it under warranty. since june i have replaced the alternator belt, alternator and battery, yesterday while driving from hamburg pa back home the battery light came on 5 times for verying amounts of time usually a few seconds during this time i didnt see a voltage drop on my dash panel gauge it still showed slightly over 14 volts. So what to do next i am going to go back and unplug the alarm then the lights i added (mostly leds) and just try one thing at a time but anyone have any idea what else to look at is the pcm going to squat. sorry for the long post if someone can help i would appreciate it. dan