Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie needs advice...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs advice...

Hi all...got me a 98 z28 with 89k on it about a month ago...it's a daily driver and I'm trying to squeeze as many mpg's as I can out of it not planning on doing much racing but want some extra power if it doesn't hurt me on gas.So far I put a granatelli lid and k&n filter on as well as a borla catback wide open. Was thinking slp maf,bellows,maybe port the tb and do bumpstop and coolant bypass,u/d pulley,ftra,and possibly headers way down the road.Any opinions/suggestions as to benefit(or lack therof)of any of these would be appreciated...thanks.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Launching!

All that you done will not hurt gas mpg at all . What it is is when you have the pedal to the metal. I get good mpg when i want too
Old 11-08-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by joenels
Hi all...got me a 98 z28 with 89k on it about a month ago...it's a daily driver and I'm trying to squeeze as many mpg's as I can out of it not planning on doing much racing but want some extra power if it doesn't hurt me on gas.So far I put a granatelli lid and k&n filter on as well as a borla catback wide open. Was thinking slp maf,bellows,maybe port the tb and do bumpstop and coolant bypass,u/d pulley,ftra,and possibly headers way down the road.Any opinions/suggestions as to benefit(or lack therof)of any of these would be appreciated...thanks.
Ask around about the MAF, Ive heard that it will actually decrease your power on a near stock car becase it advances the timing too much.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't waste ur money on a maf, wait till u get way up in HP to do that. I would go w/ your other list of things and bump the headers in place of a maf! Pacesetters for 275 shipped ceramic coated too... not a bad choice!
Old 11-08-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The bellow is mostly an appearance mod. If you still want to go ahead and do it thats fine, just dont blow your money on SLPs because its kind of pointless.