Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 SS Emission ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 SS Emission ?

Was wondering what the NC1 - California emissions difference was from the standard emissions? Is it just software or is there some smog bs bolted on the car. I'm looking to buy a 00 SS that was sold in California but now is located in central US. Any real help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old 11-17-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its just the type of tests they do in cali. They use a "sniffer" Its a device that they put into your tailpipe to test how mush **** your putting into the atmosphere. If your in OK, you probably have nothing to worry about. If it passes in cali, it will pass anywhere
Old 11-18-2006, 01:22 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyDan
Its just the type of tests they do in cali. They use a "sniffer" Its a device that they put into your tailpipe to test how mush **** your putting into the atmosphere. If your in OK, you probably have nothing to worry about. If it passes in cali, it will pass anywhere
I think he's asking what the RPO "NC1" (Cali emissions) includes as an option package from the factory, not what sort of testing they do in CA. Different regions of the country have different emissions packages issued by the factory, and this is signified in the many RPOs used for area specific emissions equpitment.

Honestly, I've always wondered what the difference is too. I know years ago they bolted extra smog crap onto cars built for CA dealers, but I have no idea if they still do that.

Good question here. Hopefully someone has the answer.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I think he's asking what the RPO "NC1" (Cali emissions) includes as an option package from the factory, not what sort of testing they do in CA. Different regions of the country have different emissions packages issued by the factory, and this is signified in the many RPOs used for area specific emissions equpitment.

Honestly, I've always wondered what the difference is too. I know years ago they bolted extra smog crap onto cars built for CA dealers, but I have no idea if they still do that.

Good question here. Hopefully someone has the answer.
Oh, yeah, your probably right. When I lived in Cali, I bought my car in washington. i brought it back to Cali and took it to get registered. They looked for that code. It wasnt there so they sent me for state inspection. All they did was check for cats, checked the engine bay and did the sniffer test.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

There is nothing extra. The car passes California spects the way it is