Sponsored by:

Good Deal

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 02:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...QQcmdZViewItem

Does this sound like a good deal? Looking for a LS1 car in the Texas area.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:16 AM
TECH Regular

I believe it is a nice car with decent upgrades. To give you an idea of what I got, even thought it took me a while to get it, I bought my TA with 60,000 miles on it for $9400. Of course it was bone stock, but I would rather personalize my upgrades myself than have it done before me, but that's just me. In my opinion, you could do better, but that is just my opinion. Hope this helps.

-James
Old 12-06-2006, 04:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not a bad deal, especially considering the mods. You could get a car with less miles for that much, but if the condition of the car is good and you like the modifications, etc, it is definetly worth considering.

If you are local and know your market it may be more of less desirable...no doubt some folks will post it is a bad deal or a great deal depending on their locale.

Like I said if you are local and think it's a good deal definetly worth checking out, worst case scenario you can walk away, even if you bid on it, it has to be as advertised.

Also, the listing says nothing in regards to shocks/springs...you can figure that you will want/need those based upon the other suspension mods and the mileage(shock in particular).
Old 12-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the advise, around here its really hard to find any f-bodies that are in good shape.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

it seems a little high and the bidding isn't over. Also, it says y pipes?..lol the guy has more than one? 12.5k for a car with 83k on it is a lot. if i could get that much for my car since I have similar milesage i'd unload it right now. if you think about its, its probably cheaper for you to find a car far away for a couiple of grand less and fly to it and drive it home.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
it seems a little high and the bidding isn't over. Also, it says y pipes?..lol the guy has more than one? 12.5k for a car with 83k on it is a lot. if i could get that much for my car since I have similar milesage i'd unload it right now. if you think about its, its probably cheaper for you to find a car far away for a couiple of grand less and fly to it and drive it home.
This is good advice(flying to find the right car). Out here in California this wouldn't be that bad a deal, though. I bought mine about 2.5 years ago in York, Pa with 20,000 miles for 15K, couldn't of touched on here for less than 20 at that time.

I still don't think it is that bad a deal for $12K but you have to know your market and be patient.