Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much?

im new with this probably worng setion..but who cares....how much would it cost to replace spring valve?....is it better to try to do it yourself?..or just take it to a mechanic?....how much whats the estimate they usually charge?...suggestions please!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just bring it to a mechanic, it does require some special tools and depending on how big of a spring you are trying to use there may be clearance issues which require machining. I cant imagine it being more then 200-300 for labor.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends how mechanically inclined you are. If he's replacing the stock springs with ls1/ls6, I don't see how he would run into any issues with fitment requiring machining. Why do you want to replace the springs, preventative maintainence, are you close to stock, do you have a cam, more info please.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 996spdFormula
im new with this probably worng setion..but who cares....how much would it cost to replace spring valve?....is it better to try to do it yourself?..or just take it to a mechanic?....how much whats the estimate they usually charge?...suggestions please!
i take it you mean valvesprings? definitely NOT for the novice. if you're not 100% confident with ripping apart an engine and piecing it back together, i suggest you have it done professionally.