Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List of free mods?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 12:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Default List of free mods?

Is there a list of all the free mods on this site or does anyone know all of them? Thanks
Old 01-02-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I searched this forum for "list of free mods" and found 8 hits. Here is a good one:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...list+free+mods

Also, read the stickies for loads more info.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

installuniversity.com I beleive?

Just do a search for 'install university'
Old 01-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a couple of Free Mods that Install University doesnt have. The Smooth Bellow Mod ($5 mod) isnt listed in there. It performs the same duty that the smooth bellow from anywhere else does. the only difference is that most places sell it for around $65. Home depot has a rubber adapter in the plumbing isle. Find those adapters. They have any and every size you need. the one you want is the 3" x 3" adapter. it will mount to your MAF and the other side to your lid. you'll see when you find it. As a matter of fact there's a few guys selling them on E-bay who are getting in a lot of trouble for it. they are advertising that its a smooth bellow for a 98-02 firebird/camaro making you think its the $65 part that they're selling for $40 or whatever. the part they're selling is that $5 part from home depot.

The other mod has to do with raising your lower intake box. as you know, if you put a ws6 lower air box (higher than a non-ws6 car) on a non-ws6 car, the hood wont close. well... RARELY it works. but... the way i did it was simple and uses your factory lower air box. go to pep boys, autozone, or wherever. go to the isle with all the polyurethane bushings and whatnots. they sell this in a pack of 2 i believe. they have these rubber replacement bushings. they look like the fit in control arms. make sure that you have 4 bushings total. go to your lower air box. pull out all 4 bolts that hold it in. slip the bushings in and line them up with the bolt hole, using one bushing for each bolt. basically it turns it into a spacer. tighten the lower airbox down snug. then check the hood to see if it closes. if not, you can either tighten the box down more being that those bushings compress, OR you can trim the bushings a little bit. Just play with it. eventually the hood will close and you should have gained almost an inch in the opening. i did.

Togher, with both mods you should have spent around $10 and if you gained 5 hp, you've juse spent $2 per hp. not bad. to bad everything isnt that easy.

Quick Reply: List of free mods?