Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutout Info Needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cutout Info Needed

Tried posting this in the external section, didn't get any replies....Maybe someone can help me here:

I am thinking about a QTP electric cutout. Not for the power aspect, but for the sound. I have Magnaflow CB right now, however it seems to sound better on other cars with a cutout.

I am looking for install info.

Where is it placed? Near the end of the Y-Pipe (near the axel)?

Do ya point it to the left, the right or straight down?

And does a section of the y-pipe have to be cut out, and then the QTP piece welded in?

How hard is it to run the wiring to the inside of the car, where is it best to get to the interior?

Thx for any help.

Oh, and I have a LS1 Edit dyno tune, I assume this addition of the cutout will not effect it?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Teching In

QTP has a Y pipe that has the cut out built in http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/...ls1headers.php (on the bottom of the bottom of the page) I dont know for sure but I think you can put one on the other side of the Y pipe if you wanted.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soontobeLS1
Tried posting this in the external section, didn't get any replies....Maybe someone can help me here:

I am thinking about a QTP electric cutout. Not for the power aspect, but for the sound. I have Magnaflow CB right now, however it seems to sound better on other cars with a cutout.

I am looking for install info.

Where is it placed? Near the end of the Y-Pipe (near the axel)?

Yes at the end of the y-pipe about a foot and a half away from the muffler.

Do ya point it to the left, the right or straight down?

Right

And does a section of the y-pipe have to be cut out, and then the QTP piece welded in?

yes the cutout will replace the section cutout

How hard is it to run the wiring to the inside of the car, where is it best to get to the interior?

not to hard and QTP usually has very long wires, easiest place to get to the interior is probably the ashtray area

Thx for any help.

Oh, and I have a LS1 Edit dyno tune, I assume this addition of the cutout will not effect it?

HI hope that helps a bit
Old 04-23-2007, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by soontobeLS1
its pretty easy, there it a drain plug underneath the car below the rear passenger seat. just pull it out and run the wires through there.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just cut an "X" in the drain plug under the rear seat to get the wires inside the car - left most the wire under the seat, QTP was really long. After the length was established put silicone caulk on the inside to seal it.