New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to find a "test" fuel pressure gauge for diagnostics?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Where to find a "test" fuel pressure gauge for diagnostics?

Okay, so this seems like a simple question, but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a "diagnostic" fuel pressure gauge (not like an autometer gauge to mount in the interior). Simple enough, but I want to be able to hook it up securely (to schrader valve on the fuel rail, I assume - something that screws on securely), and I want to temporarily mount the gauge itself to the cowl for viewing. That way I can see the fuel pressure as I'm performing various driving scenario tests.

I do have a gauge like this but it just has a temporary hook-up valve on it (like a tire pressure tester) that means you have to hold it on the fuel rail. It also doesn't have nearly enough hose to be able to temporarily mount it to my cowl area.

Searched around and I can't seem to find exactly what I need. Stopped by some auto chain stores and they're useless. Make sense what I'm looking for? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dope
Old 05-01-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nevermind, after googling a bunch I found this: http://www.actron.com/product_detail.php?pid=16173

40" hose, screw-on adapter. Should do me just fine.

Dope

Quick Reply: Where to find a "test" fuel pressure gauge for diagnostics?