Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wet nitrous guys in here please

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wet nitrous guys in here please

im so close to ordering a kit, but i cant just pull the trigger and pick a system haha. im not going to ask which kit is better, because i have done a lot of research and i like both systems and i realize they both have ups and downs. i have a few bolt ons, and will most likely get headers/cam in the future. im not trying to get a tune just yet, which is why i am leaning towards a wet and a wideband.
basically i just want to know how much of a b!tch it really is to install a wet-im kind of intimidated and dont want to f anyting up with messing with fuel and such. basically i like the simplicity of a dry, but the tunability of a wet-help me make my decision easier!!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

check out the nitrous thread .for what you are wanting a dry setup may be better
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

A wet kit is just as simple to install as a dry. How big a kit? if it is 125 or less then it should not be a big deal at all. Wet and dry each have there atvantages. Personaly i like the wet kit. I could be wrong, but without a tune i think the wet is safer, at least you know you have fuel.

The dry kit is based on your MAF sesor picking up the NO2 and adding fuel.

What ever way you go, dont go cheap. Do it right and it will be fine, cut corners on NO2 and
Old 05-03-2007, 02:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't want a tune yet then wet kit! It is balanced enough with your factory tune, easy to install, and safe. Just put in some octane booster and the factory timing should work.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

My TNT wet-kit was a breeze to install. The hardest part was running the nitrous line... All you have to do is tap the Schrader valve for the fuel 'noid, otherwise it's the same as installing a dry kit.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:18 PM
11 Second Club

this needs moved. this has been argued to death.the dry kits use the maf to richen up the fuel.for what you are wanting id recomend the dry no tuning needed up to a 125 shot .i run a 150 wet kit on my mustang it just doesnt seem to hit as hard as some of the dry kits ive had.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

there is nothing to be argued here, i specifically said im not going to ask which is better. i just asked which would be reccommended for an simplier install and running with out a tune. thanks for the help everyone.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Regular

I had a 150 wet shot on my car, it was pretty sweet, but your going to have to build up your car to shoot anymore than that or your going to blow things up. I would go with like a 125 wet shot.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It's pretty much a straight forward install, just takes a long time with all the damn wires. I started with a 75 shot, 100, then I didn't want to push it any more than that without a tune. After the tune I went up to 150. Just don't cheap out on a good fuel pump and you should be ok.

But honestly dude I would skip the nitrous, I wish I would have spent the money on something else. Although I got most of my money back when I sold everything.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by _JB_
It's pretty much a straight forward install, just takes a long time with all the damn wires. I started with a 75 shot, 100, then I didn't want to push it any more than that without a tune. After the tune I went up to 150. Just don't cheap out on a good fuel pump and you should be ok.

But honestly dude I would skip the nitrous, I wish I would have spent the money on something else. Although I got most of my money back when I sold everything.
Why would you skip it?

I'm in the process of piecing together my nitrous kit and would like to hear why.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I guess it's just a personal thing. I hated filling bottles two or three times a day, waiting for the bottle to reach optimal pressure, wondering when my tranny and 10 bolt would go boom (515rwtq Mustang dyno 150 shot), and loosing t-top space come first to mind.

I had about $1600 (NOT including refills) into it after the tune, or just a few hundred more I could buy some nice AFR heads. Plus, the timing on my car is retarded from the tune and it's another $300 for a retune. So that would put the price up to $1900 with the retune.

Never had any problems as it was badass, nothing like going sideways at 50mph lol. I want something there all the time, hence me refilling the bottle three times on a few Saturdays lol.