Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coating headers??

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coating headers??

hey guys I recently purchased a pair of mac headers and there in good condition but they have some rust building up and wanted to know where I can get them coated for a good price, and if there are any home remedies I can play around with coating my headers? I know they get extremely hot, but would you be able to spray them with engine paint, or will it still end up cracking?? Hope to hear all your opinions, thanks!
Old 05-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

POR15 has some high temp paint that can withstand temps to 1400 F. Their colors are black and gray. You can go to www.por15.com for some more info. I've used other POR15 products, and they work great. Painted my calipers with their Hardnose Paint, and looks good, and chemical resistant (got to watch out for brake dust ) . If you want a shiny look, contact jet-hot. They do header coatings that can withstand 1300 F. They're a bit expensive and you have to send the headers to them, but they come out looking great and turn-around's not too bad either. I had a set of manifolds coated by them and it cost about $150 if I remember correctly.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We can make old rusty headers look new and shiny again. PM me if you're interested.
You can try the rattle can stuff, it usually lasts a few minutes on thin tube headers before flaking off.