Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New WS6!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New WS6!

Hey guys, I'm picking up my new 2001 Black/Black WS6 M6 tomorrow. It is bone stock, but I want to lightly mod it over time. Anyways, what do you guys think would be the first most effective mod or mods for my car? I was thinking an LS1 Motorsports air lid, but what else is there? Thanks!
Also I am wanting to tint my windows 5% back, and 20% sides. Do you think this combo will look good? Any pics or opinions, let me know! Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate it!
Old 05-11-2003, 05:13 PM
Launching!

Default Re: My New WS6!

Congrats on a great car my car only has a few mods. look at the sig for some ideas.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:10 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks as if we all have similar cars Black on black is the way to go I started with the LS1 Motorsports Lid + Holley filter, and new MAF. My lid, which gave a noticable power increase fits like crap. I have to pop the hood and reposition all the tabs on the lid every few times I take out the car. Took me and a buddy to force it on. The direct flow lid is one of the best flowing lids according to a comparison I saw. But if I were to do it over again I think I would go with the Texas Speed and Performance lid. Good Luck and have fun with your new wheels!

Rob
Old 05-11-2003, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only had a few simple mods on my old 98 Formula but they were definitely worthwhile ones. In order to run my 12.68 at 110.6 I put in 4.10 gears, drag radials, a ported stock MAF, an MTI airbox, the HPP3 programmer and a cutout. Total investment was under $2000.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:42 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Lightly modding just won't do for long. My car stayed lightly modded for the first 3 months.

Nothing like a cam & stall to wake up an LS1!
Old 05-12-2003, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks as if we all have similar cars Black on black is the way to go I started with the LS1 Motorsports Lid + Holley filter, and new MAF. My lid, which gave a noticable power increase fits like crap. I have to pop the hood and reposition all the tabs on the lid every few times I take out the car. Took me and a buddy to force it on. The direct flow lid is one of the best flowing lids according to a comparison I saw. But if I were to do it over again I think I would go with the Texas Speed and Performance lid. Good Luck and have fun with your new wheels!

Rob

I had the same problem with my LS1 Motorsports lid for about a week until I realized I didn't have it put on right. I did the same thing, tried putting all my weight on the damn thing toi get the back prongs to go in and get the airbox to fit. Just put the back fingers into the holes at an angle, then make sure the edge of the lid is sitting a bit back of the edge of the airbox. When it slips in right you'll know it. All you have to do is make sure the lid is slid back over the front lip of the airbox. Once you get it on there right you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. Very easy mistake to make. I am very happy with the LS1 Motorsports lid. It looks great and has the rounded back corners for better airflow.