Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got A Couple Probs W New Bird

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got A Couple Probs W New Bird

okay so i picked up my 98 formula m6 and i have a couple concerns... any help would be apperciated...

1. i have a click when i put light pressure on the brakes and then remove my foot... but heres the weird thing, it will happen once in a while when i clutch (my first thought was the slave but theres no way to explain the brake occurance) and every once in a while while driving, i checked to see if anything was loose and theres not... any ideas??? (its one single click)

2. the more concerning matter.. my third gear is all jacked off... 95% of the time i shift into 3rd, what i thought was the gate will kick the shifter out! i can fell and hear something tap it out. if i do get it into 3rd as soon as give it a little gas it will kick out again!!!! i was hoping somehow cags was responsible but i just disabled the cags last night and im getting the same prob.

i plan to mod the car over the winter (rear end, ls7 clutch, port tb, maybe a ported head mild cam set up, long tubes,) but i would like to identify any suspension tranny damage now

thanks to everyone..... i learned alot about these cars off this site before my purchase
Old 09-19-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Regular

How Many Miles On The Car?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like something is definatly going on with clutch/tranny especially if its poppin out of gear.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

73 k... its in real good condition only mods are what i think is an slp cat back and slp lid
Old 09-19-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

god i hope its not the tranny