Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 02:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold air intake

So I was thinking instead of just an air lid what about having tubing from the TB that spilts in two (as in a twin turbo set up) and ends where the um fog lights should be but instead have cone air filters? Basically just like a twink turbo but instead of the turbos is the filters... Wouldnt this provide more airflow to the intake that is if the fog lights are removed. I think it would look pretty damn sweet just dont know if my ideas are in the right place lol...

What yall think?
Old 09-20-2007, 03:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

If I'm thinking correctly, it sounds good, but do u live in a rainy state, cause if u do, I wouldn't do it. Cause there's that small % of your engine locking up. If u do, don't take out the foglights, then u will have direct rain.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:18 AM
Teching In

I was thinking about that and I would be using an aem CAI bypass valve as should everyone with a CAI setup. This was If rain or even big puddle would not effect the motor at all. Oh and I live in hawaii so we do have a time of year where its pretty rainy although there are many here that use a cold air intake which pulls from under the car. With my thoughts on the deign I would make would allow to use the CAI removing the fog lights or just having the twin filters aim down to the ground even with it being rainy.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:46 AM
TECH Regular

I think your over engineering it.... I wouldnt expect much if any gains over the lid, ram air, filter combo. But it would be diffrent.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

you probably wouldn't gain that much. I remember one thread where a member cut out the whole from and put a huge scoop leading to the intake. I don't remember what he gained.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Ok cool thanks all for the imput. Once Im done fabbing this up Ill post some pics
Old 09-20-2007, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lid will provide plenty of air to your engine, however a setup like you are talking about would be neat and unique.....................just watch out for the water.