New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me out here.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me out here.

Ive got a 2000 WS6, mods in sig. as you can see i am not making any kind of big power for the time being. im looking to do some mods to my car and i was wondering if i would be better off going with some long tubes and a Y-pipe for a little extra power, or if i should do some suspension and tires to hook better. eventually i will be doing both but my budget for right now will only allow one or the other. im looking for better track/street results and not necessarily more power (but more power is always welcome)

thanks
Old 01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

well for the time being i would suggest some lt's with a ory...you will get a better overall feeling with it(better sound, picked up hp/torque, better 1/4) you will like it
Old 01-08-2008, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

thats kind of what i was leaning towards because i love a loud car. which would be the better bang for the buck i guess.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

well it all depends on how you want to do it honestly....... suspension parts... better handling for later upgrades..... but if you go with the power adder..... its possible you can have problems sticking to the ground..... youll be sliding from left to right.... i say this due to the fact that i have cam headers tb intake... an no suspension mods.... my car has shitty handling!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

thats what im saying. i definately like more power, but i like results better. i want what works at the track. im just on the fence because i dont think i have enough power to really have big traction problems that DR's cant fix.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Launching!

Don't worry too much about the hook, these cars naturally hook pretty well and if its a M6 if you hook to hard its going to break the rear anyway. So I would start with more power/sound that you can enjoy more often.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't need suspension. All you need are MT street radials (see my sig for 60' on stock suspension and bolt-ons).

So the real question is whether you should get LT's with an ORY or a torque converter with a transmission cooler

I would get a 3500-4000 stall converter first. Then when you add drag radials it'll be a solid .5 quicker in ET and probably +1 in trap speed

Search this Thread