Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hey could use some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey could use some help

so i move in my condo next week and ill have like 2500 a month for play money, i know im doing ligenfelter heads and cam, but unsure about twin turbo or procharger both kits ive found cost the same, what do you guys think will work better, im looking into doing a ligenfelter or ktech motor also.

need some help guys im not too good with motor ****, also what about cam size and intake and exshaust on the heads, and what comp should i go with on the motor
Old 01-24-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are some extremely broad questions. Judging from your wanting of lingenfilter products, looks like its gonna go fast. The question you need to find out is, what kind of power and 1/4 mile times you're looking to get out of your car.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Teching In

no track time cuz i dont want to cage the car and if your in the tens out here you have to cage, but id like to do about 700 750wwhp on 100octane,
Old 01-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

if you want instint power go with the procharger but if you want to gradyually build power go with turbo but with a urbo there are always room for improvment but with a procharger it takes power to make power since its run off the cranke
Old 01-30-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fast99408
if you want instint power go with the procharger but if you want to gradyually build power go with turbo but with a urbo there are always room for improvment but with a procharger it takes power to make power since its run off the cranke
Exactly, I personally would go with an F1 pro-charger, cam + pro-charger whine = NASTY, and it'll make a lot of power. Both ways will meet or exceed the power levels you are wanting.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

save your money for a ZR1!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

haha we would all have to sell everything we have to egt a zr-1
Old 02-01-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fast99408
You have this backwards bud. Prochargers build power with rpm. Turbos generally have full boost lower in the powerband. Some have full boost down really low. Turbos do make more power for the same boost level without the parasitical loss factor, but both always have room for improvement. Turbos are very fun due to mainly the early full boost factor. But Procharged cars are fun too and they are cheaper to build. Procharger is very reliable for a dd, and easier to work on usually. No matter what choice turbo or Procharger, take what you estimate for the build and then double it at least. Don't forget your fuel system needs, injectors, fmic if you want it, meth if you want it, clutch and flywheel, or torque converter, Headers, exhaust, possible cooling needs, gauges, a shifter, incar wideband, (and for F bodies driveshaft and u joints, rearend, transmission then there is traction.) Go to EPPs website and they have a column on mod needs for hp. They also have the best prices on Procharger stuff if you go that route. FI is much more expensive always than anyone thinks, and very addictive, you will get xxx amount of hp and nearly immediately it will not be enough and then more and more and more. It never ends but I guess that could be said for NA as well. My first build was unsatisfying within a couple weeks, and I wanted much more, and I swore I would not do this. Another thing for the original poster, your two engine choices are very good ones but if I was buying a motor it would be a W2W, they are proven in racing to be ultra reliable and in the price range of the two you mentioned. They are the only choice for my money. But its not my money. If you decide to go FI, I would read in the FI column if you want real world answers from seasoned people. Good luck bud and read, read, read before you buy. Boone

Last edited by BOONE; 02-01-2008 at 10:16 AM.