Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam selection with GTP stage 2+ heads

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam selection with GTP stage 2+ heads

I want to first say that I am not a gearhead, but I am also not completely clueless. I have a 98 TA a4 car, with full bolt on, stage 2+ GTP's, MTI B1 221/221 114 cam. I also have a vig 2800 stall, 3.73's, etc, well mods are in sig. I want something that will give me awesome track numbers, but I also don't want to have to rev the **** out of it to get peak power. I will also eventually get a 3600 Vig, most likely.

I was thinking about torquer2 or F13, and I know much bigger than that I will have clearance issues because of the .030 mill, but I have no idea on how to calculate that stuff. I am wondering if those 2 cams will even work. Also, if I get the cam, and have it all tuned, will I need to retune it for the new stall, or will it be good to go? All cam suggestions welcome. I heard good things about the 224/224 as well. It will not be a dd, it will be a weekender and streetrace/occasional quarter mile goer. Previous owner dyno'd at 389 hp and a little lower tq. Havent ran it yet.

I really want to go as big of cam as possible, lopey as ****, low/mid-almost redline power (not a super steep curve where all power is at a certain RPM), but I don't want to push the limits so much that I will "f" something up. Love this forum. Read it for a long time before posting, and have done countless searches, but just looking for new suggestions. Thanks.
-Chris

Last edited by transam98989898; 01-30-2008 at 04:12 PM.