Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 newbie questions???

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 newbie questions???

okay i go out and start my car around 7 in the morning to let it warm up somewhat....i was always under the impression that it dripped water from the passenger side from air conditioning condensation, mine does it withe heater on??? is this normal cause of the humidity in the air lately or just normal for this car, kinda freaking me out, i know its a newbie question but hey, what can i say!!! LOL....thanks in advance!!!

also, i have the SES light on, i havent had it scanned yet, always thought it was lit up cause of the long tube headers, but yesterday and today, while it was idling in neutral with the parking brake on it just died, then when i re-started it, it would barely idle and popped like a mis-fire, yesterday it did this for a min. while driving it down the road.....i know it could be anything, but just wondering if someone has a starting point? i really dont think this car has been tuned since adding the headers, and deleting the emission stuff, and the airbox lid, smooth bellow, and filter....could this be giving it false readings on start up then it straightens out once the computer figures it out or something??? just curious...thanks again!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

when your heater is on are you on the defrost setting? if so then the A/C runs to help dehumidify the air to help keep the windsheild clean

as far as the stalling I would check with your tuner. maybe your low end tune needs to be tweaked a bit. does the car bounce from about 800 to 1200 rpm at idle? A4 or M6 car?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

why yes i am on the defrost setting, thanks!!!

i dont think the car has been tuned at all since the bolt ons were applied, so yeah i am getting in touch with him as i type this!!! and yes it does bounce in that range sometimes, it is a m6 car!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Need to take it to find out what the code is. Could be an oxygen sensor O2 code or Idle could be a cupple things but most likely its somthing to do with the header install.
Do you use a K/N air filter?? look at your MAF screen so see if its dirty and cleen it with maf cleener.
Unhook battery and take pcm(under hood) fuse out remove maf cleen hook the battery back up put PCM fuse back in, put on parking brake start car put in drive for 5min then in park for 5 min ( throttle relearn process)
could be other thing but just some ideas.