New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gettin a ws6

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rear ends do tend to be weak. but you usually need to put slicks on it before you have problems. keep street tires on and you *shouldnt* have a problem. mines never been on slicks but its making a ton of noise so... also the ash tray in the camaro looks like something is in there, and if he's a "non smoker" there shouldnt be, so its likely a switch to something (cutout, nitrous, etc) and the ws6 has a switch where the convertable switch would be in the camaro, im not sure if they come from the factory like that down there... someone with a ws6/trans am want to chime in? in camaros thats another popular place to put a cutout or nitrous arming switch. booth are good looking cars, but if you get the ws6... for the love of god get rid of that shifter and wheels.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 406malibu
rear ends do tend to be weak. but you usually need to put slicks on it before you have problems. keep street tires on and you *shouldnt* have a problem. mines never been on slicks but its making a ton of noise so... also the ash tray in the camaro looks like something is in there, and if he's a "non smoker" there shouldnt be, so its likely a switch to something (cutout, nitrous, etc) and the ws6 has a switch where the convertable switch would be in the camaro, im not sure if they come from the factory like that down there... someone with a ws6/trans am want to chime in? in camaros thats another popular place to put a cutout or nitrous arming switch. booth are good looking cars, but if you get the ws6... for the love of god get rid of that shifter and wheels.
lmao i know, i was like why the heck, why spend the money on that crap they also did the pedals like the shifter . the camaro my cousin got had euro tailights, and he HATED them. but he did get it from a kid that wrecked it for i think 700 bucks, and fixed it up for 2k i think, i dont remember. he ended up getting rid of them thank god.

well the camaro is closer, and if the guy told the truth in the ad, and the emails i got from him, then i would trust it better than buying a car from the dealership. he told me the only thing that has needed to be done to it has been oil changes, and it gets 20 city and 25 highway.

i really do like the ram air hood on the trans ams, but the camaros look mean too.

the rear end tends to break when the clutch would be dumped correct, because i do believe that is how my old rear end in my 89 siverado went out, lol. 150 foot posi marks in
Old 08-03-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea rear ends dont like 5k rpm clutch dumps... oops... also get him to take some under the hood pics and post them on here, there's a lot that you can tell from looking under the hood
Old 08-04-2008, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

yeah, he isnt home hes out on a call for his job i do believe, but i asked him if i could get some pics of under the hood.

do you think 8000 would be a reasonable offer for the car, well if everything is good, because its close to the 100k mark and there is alot of fun ahead wiht changing the spark plugs and such
Old 08-04-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 406malibu
and the ws6 has a switch where the convertable switch would be in the camaro, im not sure if they come from the factory like that down there... someone with a ws6/trans am want to chime in?
if your talking about the button in this picture (just left of the cig lighter):

On my T/A that is the traction control (TCS) button. As far as I know thats the stock position for it.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

okay, well i decided i want to wait and find a 01-02 t/a with the M6.

after i do get the car, what are some easy and well worth it mods that i can do?
(intake, exhaust, suspension, tires, ect)

also, what would be a better rear end for the car that i can find easily, and not spend a fortune on?

Thanks
Old 08-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JLoosh
okay, well i decided i want to wait and find a 01-02 t/a with the M6.

after i do get the car, what are some easy and well worth it mods that i can do?
(intake, exhaust, suspension, tires, ect)

also, what would be a better rear end for the car that i can find easily, and not spend a fortune on?

Thanks
1) Good idea

2) Well a Lid is #1, ported MAF and T/B are good to get done with your tune, Long Tubes are good but depending on where you live (if it snows and there's a lot of salt on the roads, get stainless headers, they cost about double what coated pacesetters do but will save you money buying and reinstalling cheaper headers you will have to replace when they rust out). Full exhaust is great but can also be expensive, duals are awesome BUT ANY exhaust + a lowering spring can be hell because you WILL have to watch your ground clearance.

Suspension: two COMPLETELY different ways to go (you can't have the best of both worlds), Drag or Cornering. For cornering, talk to Sam Strano, he'll actually help you figure out what YOU want out of YOUR car over the phone. For drag, hmm... look what people are running to cut the best 60' times... tires are a BIG part of both setups.

3) A cheap rear end? Not gonna happen bro. Plan on spending $3k+. Yes, expensive but that means take care of your stock one and don't punish it too much and it WILL be good to you. Keep the fluid fresh and full

PS: udienow, that shift **** looks like it's gonna CUT you lol
Old 08-14-2008, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

i may be delaying my purchase of a car longer, but i think this may also be a good thing. i should be done with school in spring 2010 now, so that will be nice, and i should get a job right out of school (CSI work )

ill have alot more money by then, and i can invest more money into the car to get what i want, i just wanna get my planning done now, that way i know what i want ot do when i do get the car.

what rear end would be a good choice that people have used abused and knows that they will last?
Old 08-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Banned

its usually a ford 9 inch or a 12 bolt. my friends rear end blew 3 times before he put a 9' in it