Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e and a few other minor questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e and a few other minor questions

Hey im new to the fourms and i got a few questions i cant find out reserching the internet due to me using a PS3 for a computer atm but umm yea anyways i have a 4l60e automatic tranny and i was currious to how much power i want to add to my car before need to upgrade my tranny as far as i know i have 305hp 315tq in a 00 Z28 Camaro T-tops and RS ground package im about to install a VaraRam cold air intake next weekend which advertises 40hp so ill probaly get about 5~8 hp from it and soon im gonna add a trick flow cam and rocker arms in the next month or so which should give me around another 60hp or so i just want to know what i need to do to make shure my trannys not gonna break under these conditions funds i can spend about 600~800 a month working on this pending on what i need done so all advise is extreamly welcomed
Old 09-25-2008, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

O and i forgot to mention soon ill be getting around $12,000~$14,000 to blow on it hopfully around the december time frame
Old 09-25-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stocktonz28
Hey im new to the fourms and i got a few questions i cant find out reserching the internet due to me using a PS3 for a computer atm but umm yea anyways i have a 4l60e automatic tranny and i was currious to how much power i want to add to my car before need to upgrade my tranny as far as i know i have 305hp 315tq in a 00 Z28 Camaro T-tops and RS ground package im about to install a VaraRam cold air intake next weekend which advertises 40hp so ill probaly get about 5~8 hp from it and soon im gonna add a trick flow cam and rocker arms in the next month or so which should give me around another 60hp or so i just want to know what i need to do to make shure my trannys not gonna break under these conditions funds i can spend about 600~800 a month working on this pending on what i need done so all advise is extreamly welcomed
thats about the truth with most performance ads.

not really answering your question, but a few comments, you say your just now getting CAI, which makes me think you dont have the other bolt ons yet. you'll want to do that before you get a cam (headers, ORY, maybe even a underdrive pulley) and with that 12k-15k, you'll want to get a new rear end and beef up the transmission cause it doesnt take much for these cars to make 400+ RWHP.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Yea i figured as much my self but im no expert lol what kinda headers would you recomend i saw a trick flow kit for 3000 that had cylender headers cam head gaskets rocker arms and some other small parts it said all of this would bring me upto 500hp so i would go from 305hp to around 400hp lol i saw SCI trannys for like 2,800 that harness superchargers and around 650hp which i would really love to get a procharger which is last on my to do list for the car. i want to drop in a 9inch rear axle (pretty much bullet proof) work on my tranny my sespencion (or however you spell it lol) get a set of micky slicks on my stock rims and get new rims and of course toyo rx-7s for daily driving then procharger then i was thinking about Venom N2O donno if i want to set it at 25 50 75 or 100 it has interchangable nozzles so ill mess with it a bit but i know good and well 15000 wouldent cover all of this lol i may beable to snag a few free parks when i goto NTI just hope i dont get cougght doing so

Also if anyone else know better brands for cheaper let me know please it would greatly help me with this (i also have a 93 silverado i can use for a daily driver if i get extreamly poor gas milage with this which i probaly will with the way i drive 158mph going to ft.worth from ft. hood lol)

Quick Reply: 4l60e and a few other minor questions