New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

Machine shop in the south near Houma, NO or BR

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Machine shop in the south near Houma, NO or BR

I am looking for a machine shop that capable with LS blocks. I am looking to get the bore's check if a hone will clean them up and a crank wheel swap with a polish. I called a few shops I used in the pass when I was running old school SB & BB's with no luck. Called a local new to me and I was amazed at what the machinist said on the machine work I wanted done. Long story but here is a few short reason to move on and look for another shop, I have a ls3 and he said if a hone will not clean it up just go with 0.030 in over. I told him std bore is 4.065 with next size piston at 4.070 and maxed at 4.080 and he said he never heard that before. Anyways if someone knows where I can get some work done I would really appreciate it. Leaving Monday and I will be offshore till the weekend to reply back.
Thanks in advance!!!
Old 11-29-2016, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 297 Likes on 165 Posts

I dont have any experience with these, but someone recently asked for machine shop recommendations on the louisiana street racers fb page and was recommended Harahan Auto, R&D Machine Shop, Tims Racing Engines, DAR Machine Shop, and Wall2Wall.

Hopw this helps!
Old 11-29-2016, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CoreyD
I dont have any experience with these, but someone recently asked for machine shop recommendations on the louisiana street racers fb page and was recommended Harahan Auto, R&D Machine Shop, Tims Racing Engines, DAR Machine Shop, and Wall2Wall.

Hopw this helps!

I called Harahan Auto and was turned off by the reply if the cleanup hone was beyond the service manual piston to cylinder bore clearance. I asked if I needed to jump to 4.070 pistons to let me know so I can get a set and drop them off for the finish hone. Answer was not needed so I moved on with the search for another shop. I dropped off the block today at Wall2Wall after reading this write up from Super Chevy. I was told Thunder racing did not do in house machine work Wall2Wall did it for them. Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

you can try calling road hogs or bergerons in houma. i know they do custom builds and swaps so they must have some places they use to do machine work.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys I went to Wall 2 Wall, I had seen a article on Super Chevy with a google search. While talking to them I was told they did the machine work for Thunder while the door were open. I have used Bergerons and Dons years ago and didn't think they had updated any of machining equipment.

Quick Reply: Machine shop in the south near Houma, NO or BR