coloradoSPEED LS Rocker Arm Trunnion & Bushing Upgrade Kit - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

New Products Showcase Come inside to see the newest hardware!

coloradoSPEED LS Rocker Arm Trunnion & Bushing Upgrade Kit

Old 01-15-2016, 12:48 PM   #1
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default coloradoSPEED LS Series Retro-Fit Trunnion Upgrade Kit, Non-Needle Bearing

We use micro-polished hardened steel shafts and C932 bearing bronze bushings for our LS rocker arm trunnion & bushing upgrade kits. C932 bearing bronze is consistently used for bushings, thrust washers, bearings and pump/valve components due to its high strength, wear and corrosion resistance. By utilizing bushings instead of needle bearings, there are no small parts that may come loose and damage an engine. The bronze bushing also provides a larger surface area for distributing the load and the oil channels improve lubrication at the rocker arm.

Each trunnion is micro-finished to a specific RMA finish. The bushings are centerless ground and then micro-polished to clearance specs. Oil from the rocker is fed directly to the non-loading axle area of the trunnion and does not interfere with load capacity. The proprietary bushing material is fed with an oil channel at the 11 and 1 o'clock positions of the trunnion. This channel constantly feeds oil to the bushing surface ensuring proper lubrication unlike needle bearing trunnions that have to rely on oil finding it's way to the needles. The greater surface area of the bushing will support 300 times the load of what a needle will due to the fact on a needle bearing upgrade, your load is dependent on 3 or 4 needles to carry the load. The needle with the largest diameter will carry most of the load. Also there is no chance of needle bearings destroying the engine when using much more aggressive cam profiles and a rocker arm fails.

100% engineered and made in the USA.

Each kit includes 16 trunnions, 32 bushings and 32 c-clips and can be used with the stock rocker bolts. Fits all OEM LS rockers (LS1, LS6, LS2, LS7 and LS3).

PURCHASE HERE
http://www.coloradospeed.com/roller-...t-p-42090.html

www.coloradoSPEED.com

E-mail | facebook | QUICKESTLSX | LSX ENGINE SWAP

Last edited by COSPEED; 02-24-2016 at 05:35 PM.
COSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:58 PM   #2
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

So what at the bushings made of?
The Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:17 PM   #3
FormerVendor

Default Bronze Bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
So what at the bushings made of?
The bushings are made of bronze. We're using the same brand in an engine going on the dyno now. It's cheap insurance. One less source for loose needle bearings in the engine. More pics: https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_...501&view_all=1

2.9L Whipple Dart LS Next - www.BorowskiRace.com
Borowski Race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:34 PM   #4
LS1Tech Sponsor

We have these boxed up and ready to go now

Also we can have stock rockers already set up with this kit so all you need to do is bolt on and go. Thanks
Old 02-25-2016, 09:14 AM   #5
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I'd be curious to see how the bushings look after some hard miles on them.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:27 AM   #6
LS1Tech Sponsor

Quote:
I'd be curious to see how the bushings look after some hard miles on them.
Prelim data

"Trunnion kits are being used in "driving experience" corvettes. Trunnions checked after 6000 miles of road course driving. This is a over a 6 week time frame. Trunnions checked perfect."

Of course there will be more to follow shortly. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:39 AM   #7
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I'm a scientist, I want to see data, not appearance tests. Do an oil analysis and it'll tell the tale.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #8
LS1Tech Sponsor

Quote:
I'm a scientist, I want to see data, not appearance tests. Do an oil analysis and it'll tell the tale.
Then this will be a good project for you to do yourself as I do not think any "oil analysis" is going to be done. All I know what is has been before releasing these and currently being tested is wear and tear on the trunnions and bushings after certain mileage and that is what is important.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:06 PM   #9
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Relax. At this stage, I already replaced my rocker bearings, but I'm curious to see how this pans out. If you think I'm the only one asking these questions or skeptical, then you need to look through the other posts about these bushings and the concerns others have.

Time will tell if they work.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:08 PM   #10
LS1Tech Sponsor

Quote:
Relax. At this stage, I already replaced my rocker bearings, but I'm curious to see how this pans out. If you think I'm the only one asking these questions or skeptical, then you need to look through the other posts about these bushings and the concerns others have.

Time will tell if they work.
Relax? There is no one upset at your questions. I am answering them as best as I can. They have and still are being tested on vehicles. I am pretty confident in them. Unfortunately as for other posts regarding these, I really haven't read them. Just little time in the day to spend on bulletin boards.

Like I said, if you want to do your own testing, I sent you an email before your last reply regarding this. Reply back when you can. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:38 AM   #11
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I read your email, and thank you for the offer, but at this stage, I already have the replaced trunion bearings from BTR, with only about 1000 miles on them, or else I would take you up on your offer.

With that said, it still has me curious with how well these will hold up over time.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #12
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I think I want to try a set. I've got a little over a year on my build with the trunion upgrade, so I want to inspect and see what they look like.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:05 AM   #13
The Scammer Hammer

Oh look. Another "403 Forbidden" link...
dr_whigham is offline   Reply With Quote