Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous questions for a different car. (Non F-Body)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous questions for a different car. (Non F-Body)

I hope it's OK to post this here. I have been looking for information for a few weeks now and have found nothing. This being one of the better nitrous forums I know of, I was hoping that someone here would be able to help.

I have a 2008 Cobalt SS now after selling my F-Body. It is stock right now with a tune and I put out 280whp and 320wtq. This car has a direct injection 2.0L turbo Ecotec (LNF) and I am running 22lbs of boost right now (stock is 15).

I was wanting to run a small shot of nitrous (35-50) and I am concerned about running a wet shot on a direct injection engine. From what I understand, the fuel injection is very particular with direct injection. I was wanting to see what the nitrous gurus thought about this. Does anyone here have experience with a direct injection engine? I would do a dry shot before the MAF but I don't want to spray through the turbo. Any advise you can give would be appreciated.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Until you find out some more info on it I'd just get a spray bar for the intercooler and go that route.

If you find some info on this on a different website please post it up, I'm curious.....
Old 12-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone vendors have anything to say about nitrous on a direct injection engine?