Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW Vs Dyno Tune Nitrous kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HSW Vs Dyno Tune Nitrous kits

I have a 02 LS1 SS Camaro and want to spray it a little. Is there any difference between HSW or Dynotune ? Are they good kits? HSW has specials now during the Hollidays but I can get the Dyno tune single nozzle kit for $329.99 delivered and HSW is 387.79 delivered with the discount. Single nozzle the way to go or get the Plate kit.............???HSW or Dyno Tune?? Please give feedback---- The HSW kit does have a gauge on the bottle DynoTune does not.
Thanks
Old 12-26-2008, 08:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO Harris Speed Works out of those two choices.

Dynotune is the only brand that I've ever had fail on me. Luckily it was just a purge solenoid. I took it apart to check out the problem and the copper windings had burned up! I had it wired correctly, it worked for a month or so and just decided to burn up one day.

I've ran Dynotune, HSW, Cold Fusion, NX, and NOS stuff and to be honest I haven't had any trouble out of an of them besides the Dynotune noid. I probably should have sent it back and have them fix it but I was a little upset and I threw it in the trash LOL.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Launching!

thanks for doing this thread cause that is exactly the 2 kits im looking at for just spraying 75-100. but cant decide wet or dry
Old 12-26-2008, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a HSW kit and i dont have any compliants. I Think they make the best plate kit aswell. I dont have any info on the Dyno tune kit tho.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

My DynoTune kit didn't come with a bottle guage...so factor in that cost of $20-25...
Old 12-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Default jetlag????????

Are You Happy with the Dyno Tune Kit??
Old 12-27-2008, 01:23 AM
12 Second Club

I have a dynotune kit and while i think its just fine i wish i would have gone with a hsw. For these reasons:
HSW comes with a gauge ( i had to buy one for $50)
Bigger better solenoids. ( Mine lock up on me if bottle pressure gets to high purge wont open to lower pressure and maxed out hp wise with a 175 crank shot easily strip out cheap metal?)
Jets are rated at RWHP ( It just makes things easier, as most kits are ex dynotune)
Bottle bracket is a lot nicer with the ***** instead of just the wing nuts.

Its the little things that you really don't notice until you buy and install a kit or two. Not trying to bash dynotune just my opinion
Old 12-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Launching!

Im thinking about spraying my daily with a dynotune dry kit. Its a reasonable price, Just waiting to hear what other people have to say about these kits!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

I'm not going to comment on the question, but if anyone has any questions about our kit, feel free to shoot me a pm.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

my friend offered me his dynotune kit for free, but i went out and bought an hsw. I'd personally go plate
Old 12-27-2008, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

I have used both vendors and they are both very helpful and I have not had any issues with either's products.

Call em both, talk to them, get their input on their products and explain your goals, price em out and look what is included in the price, figure out what kind of look you want in your engine bay and buy from which ever one suits your goals.

Be advised a base kit will get you going but you will learn quickly the accessories add to consistancy and safety of the overall system.

Both of em have been solid vendors here for quite a while

Jim
Old 12-27-2008, 09:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just to answer the questions quick: the only time we have ever seen a coil burn up is to run the solenoid without nitrous or fuel or wired incorrectly and we sell thousands of solenoids per year and have done so for going on 10 years. Yes our kit does not include a gauge as we offer many types but yes our standard gauge is $25 more.. Since you are going with wet we feel we have the best proprietary material used in our fuel solenoids that stands up to fuel additives better than others we have tested. Yes we rate our kits at the rear wheels as many customers do drive train modifications so will have different losses to the rear wheels, also auto vs standard - we can supply you whatever jetting you need to get the HP level you desire. Yes if you want a plate you will need to go with hsw or nitro dave as the plate is a very select market and currently not part of our business plan. Performance of the plate vs the single nozzle will vary from slightly better to slightly worse to the same depending on who does the test but a very nice look for sure.

Hope you get some constructive feedback both ways as Mike, Dave and I know these threads can go nowhere fast. Any of the 3 suppliers will provide you great products at good prices with good service. We have all had issues if you do a search you will see - some legitimate some not but gives the chance for the other fans and non fans to jump on the bandwagon.

When comparing it is best to look at the entire kit not just the gauge difference when making your decision. But as Mike noted it is the best to call us directly as we know our products the best.

Speaking for ourselves and I am sure Nick, Mike and Dave Happy Holidays all and thanks for a great holiday season we all appreciate your business!

Dean
Old 12-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Staging Lane

During my pre-purchase research, both HSW and Dynotune were recommended by personal friends running each system. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I went with Harris Speed Works for my main system and added some Dynotune purchases to complete my setup. Great experiences with both vendors. Like someone else said, call them both and decide for yourselves. It's been my experience that either vendor will go the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:24 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
Hope you get some constructive feedback both ways as Mike, Dave and I know these threads can go nowhere fast. Any of the 3 suppliers will provide you great products at good prices with good service. We have all had issues if you do a search you will see - some legitimate some not but gives the chance for the other fans and non fans to jump on the bandwagon.

When comparing it is best to look at the entire kit not just the gauge difference when making your decision. But as Mike noted it is the best to call us directly as we know our products the best.

Speaking for ourselves and I am sure Nick, Mike and Dave Happy Holidays all and thanks for a great holiday season we all appreciate your business!

Dean

That's right and merry christmas and happy holidays to you as well Dean.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

if you look at the quality of fittings,and the bottle gauge explains thedifference in cost. I run all HSWnitrous, but buy accessories from Dynotune. Both compaies are awesome and a pleasure to deal with
Old 12-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Default Thanks for all of the advice and help.

Thanks for all of the advice , Close the thread
Old 12-28-2008, 03:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
Just to answer the questions quick: the only time we have ever seen a coil burn up is to run the solenoid without nitrous or fuel or wired incorrectly and we sell thousands of solenoids per year and have done so for going on 10 years. Yes our kit does not include a gauge as we offer many types but yes our standard gauge is $25 more.. Since you are going with wet we feel we have the best proprietary material used in our fuel solenoids that stands up to fuel additives better than others we have tested. Yes we rate our kits at the rear wheels as many customers do drive train modifications so will have different losses to the rear wheels, also auto vs standard - we can supply you whatever jetting you need to get the HP level you desire. Yes if you want a plate you will need to go with hsw or nitro dave as the plate is a very select market and currently not part of our business plan. Performance of the plate vs the single nozzle will vary from slightly better to slightly worse to the same depending on who does the test but a very nice look for sure.

Dean

Well I guess I'm the first then. I'm not exactly new to nitrous and I've wired up probably close to 25 nitrous kits and purges with no other problems. I always use relays and the right gauge wire for the job. I never hit the button on the purge unless the bottle was open other than when I first hooked it up to test it to make sure it was opening or "clicking".

I'm not trying to bash you guys in any way, I'm just telling about my personal experiences and giving my opinion like the guy asked for.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

I run a hsw kit but my purge and heater are dynotune and they both have quality products

Quick Reply: HSW Vs Dyno Tune Nitrous kits