Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lt1 plans for 100-150 wet... got a few ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 plans for 100-150 wet... got a few ?'s

I already have the basic wet shot set up ready, just haven't used it cuz im waiting to throw on a few safety accessories and still need to get the proper size jets. The car is a M6 LT1 camaro. I am getting ready to order the racetronix fuel pump and wiring kit, have wot switch set up under the dash, power switch runs through the fog light switch on the dash, and the fuel solenoid gets its fuel straight off the rail from the shrader valve. Plus I already had the mail-order tuner pull a couple degrees of timing.

Suggestions for safety parts? I wanted to get a window switch and maybe a bottle heater (but i live in florida, so that may not be really necessary)... suggestions on where to get these and wiring write ups. Dunno if there is anything else i should be considering.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:28 PM
FormerVendor

Looks like you're headed in the right direction with the racetronix and timing. You're also going to have to do a colder set of spark plugs with nitrous as well, so don't forget to get them in there.

My list of mandatory safety items for someone starting out would be a good window switch, blow down tube, and nitrous filter. Two accessories that I like to recommend with wet kits are a heater, and purge. Pressure is everything for a consistent a/f on a wet kit.

What kind of budget are you working with for accessories? That would probably help you narrow it down and weed a few things out that you can add on down the road. One of our bigger sellers is the all-out kit. It has everything that you would ever need to make a kit safe and consistent. Feel free to give us a call if you need some help.

Rick
Old 02-05-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Regular

That kit definitely looks great, just dunno if i can fit it into my budget as off right now. I am definitely going to try and fit it in there, but may have to just settle for the most important accessories right now. And that window switch is kick a$$ but i don't think i need one that advanced for my simple set up. Mainly looking for the dual rpm settings since its going in my 6 speed car.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

Most of the nitrous lt1 guys run the mallory 685 ignition box, it has a timing retard, window switch, 2 step, rev limiter, plus its an ignition box for multiple spark at low speeds for $265. Its hard to beat for an all in one unit.