Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel pump needed? New valve springs? MS3 + 100 shot.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel pump needed? New valve springs? MS3 + 100 shot.

I have seen some people say I need to upgrade my fuel pump, while others say I dont.

As far as my current setup, I have 41lb injectors in, with a MS3 cam. Nitrous kit is a NOS power shot wet kit with a Harris Speed works Plate setup. Im going to be running mainly a 100 shot, but would like the extra room to go up to a 150 if needed.

car put down 412rwhp N/A with ALOT of fuel left on the injectors.

Would it also be reccomended to have new valve springs in before I use the spray? I currently have the dual Patriot golds (.660 lift), Titanium retainers and locks, Thunder Racing 7.425 hardened pushrods, LS2 timing chain and a ported LS6 oil pump. The valve train/cam setup have roughly around 20k on them now (were installed brand new). Would it be ok to take a chance with these valve springs with 20k on them, with the spray? Or have new ones installed?

Thanks alot.

Last edited by kidcamaro98; 02-10-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

Not sure why you think nitrous would cause the need for valve springs. If the springs are fine they're fine....As long as you're not floating valves I'd leave them alone.

As for the fuel pump, do it. If there is ANY question about it you may as well do it. When it comes to nitrous, better safe than sorry.

-Will
Old 02-10-2010, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Im in the same boat as you! I have stock injectors though and have green tops waiting to go in. But I also have the HSW plate kit with 100 shot right now. I want that 150 hit but going to put in a racetronix fuel pump kit first. I mean I probably "don't" need too, but like the other guy said, better safe then sorry. I think you should be good on the springs
Old 02-10-2010, 07:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TARZAN
Not sure why you think nitrous would cause the need for valve springs. If the springs are fine they're fine....As long as you're not floating valves I'd leave them alone.

As for the fuel pump, do it. If there is ANY question about it you may as well do it. When it comes to nitrous, better safe than sorry.

-Will
the only reason why I brought up the valve springs is because I have read people change their valve springs every 20-30k to prevent a broken valve spring...im at that 20k mark so I was jw.

Quick Reply: fuel pump needed? New valve springs? MS3 + 100 shot.