Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just made my first spin with spray. have some ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just made my first spin with spray. have some ?'s

I put in a 125 wet shot on my stock ls1 m6. did a bit of research first. it has fuel pressure switch and wot. window switch on the way but for now i was very careful shifting. i put tr6 plugs but after a thread i just read might be swappin those out...it is a ny-trex triple threat kit. two things were odd...

first off, there was some hesitation before it kicked in(in each gear), not sure if thats normal. also once or twice per gear it felt like it kicked off and back on for a split second....whats the deal with that?

second, out of habbit after i ramp it up to about 120-130 i usually pop it in neutral pretty much as soon as i let of the gas and coast, which i did after spraying, like i said out of habbit. and when i did the rpms just dropped untill the car stalled. the second run i kept that in mind and tapped the gas once or twice and all was fine. any thoughts? my buddy theorized that it was cause it went from so much air to not so much air and it kinda choked...

third, after a quick 2-4th my gas guage dropped a 1/4 tank and took about 5 min to go back to where it was(this happened every time)

other than that everything felt fine, car runs as normal no codes or anything....

any input would be cool...
Old 04-06-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you dont wanna go from spraying to nuetral that fast there is usually still a little nitrous going into the intake and manifold after you let off for a split second which is prolyl why it shut down.

gas gauge, no clue, maybe a bed sending unit?

what was your bottle presuure at before and after the run?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

thanks. i'll keep that in mind...

as for the fuel thing, i would've assumed something of the sort except that it only does that after i spray...hmm....

bottle pressure was 950 before. dont know during had my eyes on the road haha..after i believe it was around 9? maybe? i didnt pay too much attention to it other than noticing that it didnt drop that much. though i believe i fixed that issue. i had the bottle mounted incorrectly according to my manual. i've since fixed the bottle position though havent sprayed again to check it out...
Old 04-07-2010, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

Do you have an after-market fuel pump? Since you have a fuel pressure switch if your stock pump isn't supplying the fuel it will turn the nitrous on and off as fuel pressure fluctuates. I have a kit on my car and this happened to me so I bought a racetronix pump.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What was your airfuel?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:28 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by My2000Z28
I put in a 125 wet shot on my stock ls1 m6. did a bit of research first. it has fuel pressure switch and wot. window switch on the way but for now i was very careful shifting. i put tr6 plugs but after a thread i just read might be swappin those out...it is a ny-trex triple threat kit. two things were odd...

first off, there was some hesitation before it kicked in(in each gear), not sure if thats normal. also once or twice per gear it felt like it kicked off and back on for a split second....whats the deal with that?

second, out of habbit after i ramp it up to about 120-130 i usually pop it in neutral pretty much as soon as i let of the gas and coast, which i did after spraying, like i said out of habbit. and when i did the rpms just dropped untill the car stalled. the second run i kept that in mind and tapped the gas once or twice and all was fine. any thoughts? my buddy theorized that it was cause it went from so much air to not so much air and it kinda choked...

third, after a quick 2-4th my gas guage dropped a 1/4 tank and took about 5 min to go back to where it was(this happened every time)

other than that everything felt fine, car runs as normal no codes or anything....

any input would be cool...
Since you weren't running a window switch, what RPM did you start spraying at? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? What are you running for timing?

Don't worry about the stalling...normal after spraying with some set ups. Try to prevent it from happening especially at high speeds.

Nick
Old 04-07-2010, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

the hesitation is most likely from not running a purge and air being in the line.... my car did that on the dyno last night.. i turned the bottle on cracked the line by the solenoid and then tried it again .... hesitation went away
Old 04-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Launching!

i think you are running rich, anytime i went rich the motor felt like it lost power, it could be due to your nitrous noid not opening momentarily or lagging due to a lack of current that usually is a result of poor circuit connections[butt ends and terminals not soldered and loose ground.] the other possible causes are momentary lack of flow due to insufficient bottle tilt, clogged nitrous filter,supply line, nitrous noid or jet. that's probably the reason the motor died on it's way down to idle, too much fuel.

i use denso it-22 plugs gapped at .040" and are good up to 150w, they cost some money but they can take a beating and are great for drive ability and will last a long time [use ant-seize].

most important of all is logging your run, otherwise you you're kind of crippled. in the meantime you could do a visual of the system.

once you get the hessitation figured out and your afr is close to 12.00 with good timing, then put a new set of plugs in and run it, pull at least one plug [i would do #7, 8 or 5] and learn how to read plugs.

have fun.

Last edited by jetblast; 04-07-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

k well my bottle was incorrectly positioned however when i went to test it after it was fixed i ran out of juice after 3 seconds, which has me thinking i either have a leak or i got a bad fill considering the only uses i got out of it were the ones stated above. i've been told on average it should be 4-5 full 1/4 runs and i only did 3 2-4 spurts. so i need to get a refill, leak check then try it again with the bottle repositioned.

ps what i was doin was easin' it up to about 3k in 2nd and punching it. and to be a bit safe i was shiftin before redline...
Old 04-09-2010, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by My2000Z28
k well my bottle was incorrectly positioned however when i went to test it after it was fixed i ran out of juice after 3 seconds, which has me thinking i either have a leak or i got a bad fill considering the only uses i got out of it were the ones stated above. i've been told on average it should be 4-5 full 1/4 runs and i only did 3 2-4 spurts. so i need to get a refill, leak check then try it again with the bottle repositioned.

ps what i was doin was easin' it up to about 3k in 2nd and punching it. and to be a bit safe i was shiftin before redline...
just a quick question on ur setup... the spark plugs u are using are ngk tr6 correct? are u running the platinum or the v power tr6?? i hope ur not using platinum thats a big no no with nitrous