Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bottle Heater NX Switch getting Hot. Why?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bottle Heater NX Switch getting Hot. Why?

(Had this buried in a post but wanted an answer) Have the NX 3 panel switch in the ashtray of my 01 Coupe.

My bottle heater wasn't working and I think they said the ground was bad and they added a new relay?

Anyway. I had a the 1st button switchede DOWN which is Bottle Heater ON and the actual plastic switch felt very hot to the touch. I could leave my finger on it indefinately without burning my self , but it was HOT.

Is this normal?

What specifically needs to be done to fix it? Bigger relay (I don't know much about this stuff just using terms I am hearing), does it need to be tapped into a different power source.

WHY is it getting Hot? Will it get hot enough to cause dammage??

Thanks
Old 05-09-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IF I remember correctly my NX switch had a bigger light inside it for the dual switch, if thats on for 45 minutes the switch will warm up.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like itsslow98 said could be that or are you running a relay for your bottle heater or no?if not there is a large load on switch. make sure it is wired properly. if every thing looks good it is probly just the light in the switch creating heat.the relay is made to take the brunt of the electrical load not the switch so if its really hot i would assume it is not wired correctly.