Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best stand alone system?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Best stand alone system?

Based on people who have used stand alone fuel systems for their nitrous appications

Harris has a kit, Nx has a kit, I believe No2 outlet has a kit..

What do you guys think of your kits?
Old 06-17-2010, 03:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Nitro Dave plastic standalone and I am very happy with it. It fits in the fuse location and for a guy who has never installed a n2o kit before let alone a standalone it was easy. And there customer service is top notch. Thats what got them my business.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are correct there are now a few companies that offer dedicated fuel systems.

We are the ones who designed and went to market with bolt in dedicated fuel systems well over 5 years ago. We put forth all the R&D and expenses to create the combination you now see others using.

Our systems are designed for specific applications. We use a high grade aluminum for a nice finish. The welds are nice and clean. The regulator is hard mounted to the tank and the fuel pump is mounted inside the tank. The systems come complete with all the hoses and fittings as well as a relay and harness with a colored wiring diagram. These units are adjusstable for high and low pressure.

They ship fully assembled so its as easy as bolt in, wire up and cut to fit the feed hose.
OUr aluminum F-body systems are 714.00

We offer a unit that bolts in the factory battery location using the battery hold down brackets and we offer a unit that bolts up at the radiatior on the drivers side.

We also offer a plastic verson of the fuse area unit that retails for only 540.00

For the corvette we offer a batery unit that bolts where the battery goes and is held down with the factory hold down clamps for 714.00 and we offer a unit that bolts down in the nose of the car by the air box foir around 800.00

Here is a link to all of our dedicated fuel systems.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...=24&section=73

Dave
Old 06-17-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dave, thanks for the info.. what kind of pump do you use? And is it meth compatible?
Old 06-17-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And what is the turn around since its build to order?
Old 06-17-2010, 04:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We use a walboro 340GS. It is not meth compatable. We use c-16 in all the ones we set up.

I have them sitting on the shelf... I could build a meth companatable set up but it would be all custom.
Dave
Old 06-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by nysbadmk8
And what is the turn around since its build to order?
As Dave said we have one of the C5 units instock. Thats the one that would best work for your application, The plastic one wont work for you.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dave, great talking with you. Thank you for the help.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

One nice thing about the NO stand-alone kit was it came with a black cap (which HSW upcharges for). So apples to apples the NO kit was actually a little less money. It was a nice surprise when I opened mine up to see that. Don't know if I just got lucky, or they all come that way.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

I like the HSW systems because their just as good and a hell of alot cheaper the some others on here
Old 06-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
One nice thing about the NO stand-alone kit was it came with a black cap (which HSW upcharges for). So apples to apples the NO kit was actually a little less money. It was a nice surprise when I opened mine up to see that. Don't know if I just got lucky, or they all come that way.