Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to tell if a solenoid needs rebuilt?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 01:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How to tell if a solenoid needs rebuilt?

Is there any signs of a solenoid needing rebuilt? will it start acting funny, sticking open or closed? Will you be able to tell while spraying, such as nitrous cutting in and out or spuddering? Maybe not opening up 100% and not using the amount of nitrous that it should be flowing?

I ask this because i sprayed my car on the same bottle about 5-6 times on a 150 shot and the bottle still had 5lbs in it. Doesn't that seem like a lot of spraying and a lot of nitrous still left? A local nitrous guy said my solenoid may need rebuilt because that might be why i'm not using very much nitrous. Or does that seem about right for the amount of nitrous being used?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone?
Old 06-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your using our Lightning soleniods you dont. The Industrial grade teflon seat material is very tough and the most reliable soleniod out their. No need to check it unless its not operating correctly.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

One thing you can do is a flow consumption test to see how much nitrous you are using on a run.

For the noids you can check them by taking them off the car and smelling them to see if they smell burned. While they are off teh car you can touch them directly to power and ground and see if you get a solid hard click. Other than those two things you'll have to take them apart to find anything else out.

Give me a shout here at the shop and i'll walk you through taking the noids apart and what to look for.