Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have NX Dual Nozzle Kit, want to go to a Plate. Help! Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 06:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Have NX Dual Nozzle Kit, want to go to a Plate. Help! Pics inside

Have a dual nozzle set up and a TNT Power ring. It looks a little messy and the power ring has a gap in it when you tighten the bolt to hold it still.

Car is getting a new set of heads, AFR 215's and bigger Cam The nitrous is off and I have a week before the heads arrive. if I can get a few parts, maybe NOW IS THE TIME to get this fixed an make my set up neater and safer.

OR Would you leave it alone?

Questions:

What do I need to change the dual nozzle to a plate?

-I see there is a "Y" Fitting that goes into the Fuel and Nitrous solenoid with the single fitting screwed into the noids and from the remaining "Y" fitting, (2) lines come from each side for the DUAL Nozzle.

It would seem I need a fitting with a single side going into the noids (Like I already have) and then a single fitting that the fuel and nitrous line would attach to for that goes into each solenoid.

-I might also need a new smooth air coupler because mine is cut to account for the TNT Power Ring being there.

-Which one do I get, Nitro Dave’s? That is where I got ALL my stuff from (have a full kit with everything).

My fuel and nitrous solenoid are on opposite sides, so maybe while they are off they can put them on the same side and maybe there is a good plate they attach to that someone sells.

I included pictures because that will answer all your questions. A picture is worth a thousand words.:thumbs:

Old 07-10-2010, 09:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nitrous Outlet can hook you up with their dual stage plate system. It will bolt right into what you have. It is what I used. Makes the engine bay look neat.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also had a NX dual stage kit. I have Nitrous Outlets standalone and I use them for most of the extras I buy, but for the plate I went a different route. I replaced the nozzles with a Cold Fusion dual stage plate. Most of my decision had to do with the tube bending involved to make either kit work. I'll go snap a pic and post how mine looks.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

K, here's a snapshot of how mine's currently set up. I have one hardline off because of a snapped fitting I'm waiting on, but you can see the general idea.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks so much. yeah yours was already set up for the dual so why re route everything. Mine looks OK, but the lines are all over the friggin place and the TNT Ring has a gap in it when you tighten ot, so a nice clean plate would make everything work GREAT.

I just need a few 1/8" to 3 NPT fittings and either hard lines or braided lines, or I could use my exisiting braided lines which should work depending on how we would re reoute it..

OK Looked at yours again. Yeah your dual stage plate will be the same thing I would need and could use for my dual nozzle kit and nothing would really have to move.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Old 07-10-2010, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

I used to have a power ring but decided it was a good time to trade up when I let off after a run and the throttle blade only closed ~1/2 way. I think I might have iced the front edge of the blade. After that, I just makes sense to me to spray behind the TB.
And with all the work I put into making those 'noid mounts, I didn't want to move them, so this plate just fit my needs a touch better.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

I guess I read your initial post wrong. For some reason I always read dual nozzle as dual stage in my head. If you just want to stick with a single stage (2 solenoids), Cold Fusion sells a single stage plate too, and Nitrous outlet sells their plate setups. Here's one off Nitro Dave's site:

They have quite the pic collection of setups on various intakes.

Last edited by V-10 Killer; 07-10-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I read your reply wrong too. LOL

Thanks a single will be easier and make things simple. Man I wish we could make the decision right the first time, but sometimes you don't knwo until you try...

Case with my heads. I would have just got great heads to begin with and not try to save a buck.

P.S. Your Car looks amazing!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Which one guys?

HSW or N2 Outlet?

I read a few posts about the car whining coming from the plate because of air runing through it?? Read 2-3 post5s with same issue. I think it was on the N2O, but not sure it was on the HSW.

N2O sprays down from the top and HSW sprays in a 360 degree pattern. not sure if one is better than the other or has an advantage?
Old 07-12-2010, 02:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Our plates do discharge from the top of the plate in six different discharges. Due to the design we are able to completely saturate the air intake charge creating a precise attomized mixture with out any flow restrictions in the plate. This is why you see so many of our customers using our plates at 250 and some at 300 hp levels.

Our plate is only 3/4 thick and has a O-ring style gasket machined into the plate. So our fitment is perfect and when the system is layed out properly it will provide the sexiest looking install.

There are a few options for you to work with. You could take your current system are use everything minus a few parts.

You would need the following.

1. 1/8X3 an fitting
2. 1/8X4 an fitting
3. 2ft race hose
4. Plate conversion.
5. Corvette spacer kit

Another option would be to upgrade to our corvette vehicle specific system. In that case you would need the following.

1. Fuel distribution block.
2. Fuel solenoid
3. Hardline kit
4. two 1/8x3/16 compression
5. custom solenoid brackets
6. plate conversion.
7. corvette spacer kit

Here is a picture a customer posted of his C5 with our vehicle specific.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Dave. Will be getting your kit. Talked to Chris. Great Guy!

You knwo me, but had/have so many customers you can't remeber everyone. I also got my kit 3 + years ago.

Thansk dave...
Old 07-13-2010, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember you quite well. I am bad with names but I recognize the screen name.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Me too. Your screen name just happens to have you name in it. LOL

Take Care "Nitro"
Old 07-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit
Talked to Chris. Great Guy!
Hey thats me

It's always good to put a voice with a screen name. If you got any more questions or anything dont hesitate to contact me.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Chris was AWESOME!! Everytime I talked to him he was positive and helpful. Outstanding customer service,and, he is super cool to boot. John was great too, and well Dave..................... is well,................ Dave!! LOL

Just kidding Dave you're Great too! I have bought all my Nitrous from them and almost went somewhere else this time fro a different set up, but I am glad I went back and remeber WHY I went to them the first time. They have a customer and a referral source for life.

And NO Dave, Chris, or John didn't pay me to write this,,,,,but hell, they should have.

Thanks again Chris!

Much Appreciated.....

Gary
Old 07-16-2010, 09:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just read some of the posts talking about remembering costomers and i was quite surprised when they remembered who i was after making orders that were about a month or so apart! haha Maybe the guys from nitrous outlet still remember me? I ordered your guys window banner a couple months ago. I had to order it because some local guys were bashing people with window banners so i thought "lets see what they have to say to me" Then i ordered some jets from you guys along with a black t-shirt, then it was out of stock so i switched it to a blue shirt. Remember? I have no idea who i talked to on the phone though be he remembered me. This is a quiz so you know.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

lol...at the quiz

John processed your order and remembers it well

Thx for all the kind words
Old 07-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Is your first name Zach??
Old 07-16-2010, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
Is your first name Zach??
Yes sir, god damn you have a good memory.

or you cheated and looked it up on the computer lol
Old 07-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

nope.....just asked the group who helped a guy order a windshield banner, handfull of jets a blue T-shirt....John immediately asked if it was a website order it was his.