Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BONE Stock 2000 Z28+Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BONE Stock 2000 Z28+Nitrous

Just picked up a BONE stock 2000 Z28. A4 car. I like the quiet while driving on the highway so I will probably only do the whisper lid, k&n filter, pullies, free ram air, and the other basic odds and ends.

Car has 193k on it now and looks and drives like its 60k. Guy I got it from was a regional manager of a resturant chain and put about 4-500 miles a week on it. He kept up with the maintnence, so I am not to worried about it blowing up on the spray. If it does a lq4 will take its place.

All that being said, what type of kit would be best to put on it and how big of a shot? Nozzle, wet, dry, plate kit? What all safety checks and balances to the system?

I want to be able to take advantage of riding and driving stock then running quick on the spray, turning it off and enjoying a nice peaceful ride home. The car will not get headers, cam, exhaust, heads, or anything else that takes away from the stock drivability.

What kind of results can I expect.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

ive been running a wet shot on my A4 ls2 gto for almost a year now... no problems at all (knock on wood)...
im running a nozzle but im upgrading to a plate within a week or 2..

also get some tr6 plugs if your going with a 100shot
Old 12-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A wet single nozzle will work perfect in this application. Simple to install, simple to tune.

I would go with this system:

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ils.php?id=894

Put in a set of br6ef plugs, 100 shot jetting, and then enjoy the ride.

On a small shot I would like to see a bottle heater:

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ils.php?id=320

and a window switch. This is a very easy to use system as well. I do offer a forum discount so please PM if you are interested or have any more questions.

Thanks,

Graham @ NX
Old 12-03-2010, 09:17 PM
9 Second Club

I would go with a a plate kit 100 shot or a single nozzle. no big deal. Either NX or NitrousOutlet. Then go with a kit and a progressive controler or a window switch. run Br7 plugs for spray just to be safe.

Here is what you need to do. FIRST.with that many miles if its buring oil do not spray it. I would suggest you do a compression leak down test just to be sure the rings are still good.
2ND I would replace the fuel pump before you do anything upgrade the fuel pump. Then I would go through the car I would check the injectors out and get a good tune it. A car with that many miles is a ticking time bomb but if you have a motor to replace it have fun.

Last edited by dnkynrbk; 12-03-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedGTP99
Just picked up a BONE stock 2000 Z28. A4 car. I like the quiet while driving on the highway so I will probably only do the whisper lid, k&n filter, pullies, free ram air, and the other basic odds and ends.

Car has 193k on it now and looks and drives like its 60k. Guy I got it from was a regional manager of a resturant chain and put about 4-500 miles a week on it. He kept up with the maintnence, so I am not to worried about it blowing up on the spray. If it does a lq4 will take its place.

All that being said, what type of kit would be best to put on it and how big of a shot? Nozzle, wet, dry, plate kit? What all safety checks and balances to the system?

I want to be able to take advantage of riding and driving stock then running quick on the spray, turning it off and enjoying a nice peaceful ride home. The car will not get headers, cam, exhaust, heads, or anything else that takes away from the stock drivability.

What kind of results can I expect.

Thanks
A gt2 3 cam from lpe with some ported polished heads an a ls6 intake , this is a set up I once ran on stock manifolds an muffler never know I had all that until I ran past you.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Teching In

I would like to know also the gains.

100-150 shot. Stock motor besides Lid, and exhaust.

What would be expected? Good to go with a wet or dry shot? From what Ive heard, the back two cylinders seem to be starved of fuel because it doesnt reach back there if your running just a nozzle and not direct port.

1/4 Mile times on a stock LS1 A4 on the bottle?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If were talking completely stock, no headers, no converter or anything I would guess 11.80s on a 150 shot.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dnkynrbk
I would go with a a plate kit 100 shot or a single nozzle. no big deal. Either NX or NitrousOutlet. Then go with a kit and a progressive controler or a window switch. run Br7 plugs for spray just to be safe.

Here is what you need to do. FIRST.with that many miles if its buring oil do not spray it. I would suggest you do a compression leak down test just to be sure the rings are still good.
2ND I would replace the fuel pump before you do anything upgrade the fuel pump. Then I would go through the car I would check the injectors out and get a good tune it. A car with that many miles is a ticking time bomb but if you have a motor to replace it have fun.
I agree with this, plus make sure to change the fuel filter.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Banned

Don't forget the drag radials!

Quick Reply: BONE Stock 2000 Z28+Nitrous