Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW Noid/Supply Line Limits? Nitrous Outlet come on in...

Old 11-16-2011, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HSW Noid/Supply Line Limits? Nitrous Outlet come on in...

Ok...

So, took off the HSW Plate and put on the Nitrous Outlet plate. I like that already. HSW noid died during testing--barely any use. Replaced it w/NX Express noid.

So, after shooting a 150 shot (all this on dyno), got the same
hp as the HSW plate w/125 shot. No problem, A/F was really rich.
Cleaned up A/F, added the 250 shot, was EXTREMELY rich. Adjust by backing off fuel jetting, until we ended up at a 150hp fuel jet.
Concluded the puny lil HSW line will not flow more than 150hp.

Anyone else seen this limit w/the HSW stock size nitrous line? In am we are stepping the line size up. Was wondering if anyone else had seen this problem.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its really not HSW fault. All suppliers run the same size line on certain kits -4an, -6an etc depending on shot size and they each have their limits. I have read before that HSW plate is only good to 150 though.

Step up to a bigger line for bigger shots its easy as that.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Its really not HSW fault. All suppliers run the same size line on certain kits -4an, -6an etc depending on shot size and they each have their limits. I have read before that HSW plate is only good to 150 though.

not blaming HSW for line size. I was dumb enought to buy it without asking.
but was definitely not happy w/the noid. I have had problems from day 1 and finally found out the noid was bad.

I haven't tried to contact them about repair yet.

Yeah, I'm thinking the line is too small. just wanted to see if others had experienced similiar results.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have had great luck with all my HSW stuff, but when its time to buy another kit it will still be nitrous outlet no doubt. I bought the HSW stuff on black friday two years ago and got 20% off the entire order which was almost a grand so thats why i jumped on it.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:30 AM
FormerVendor

Not true... Our basic plate system will flow over 300 hp with the feed lines supplied with our system.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:33 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
Ok...

So, took off the HSW Plate and put on the Nitrous Outlet plate. I like that already. HSW noid died during testing--barely any use. Replaced it w/NX Express noid.

So, after shooting a 150 shot (all this on dyno), got the same
hp as the HSW plate w/125 shot. No problem, A/F was really rich.
Cleaned up A/F, added the 250 shot, was EXTREMELY rich. Adjust by backing off fuel jetting, until we ended up at a 150hp fuel jet.
Concluded the puny lil HSW line will not flow more than 150hp.

Anyone else seen this limit w/the HSW stock size nitrous line? In am we are stepping the line size up. Was wondering if anyone else had seen this problem.
The 3 an hose from the fuel solenoid to the plate will be fine. YOu will need to upgrade the hose from the nitrous solenoid to the plate to our race hose.

The race hose is a 4 an hose that has a 3 an B-nut on one end to seal to the jet. The inner diameter of this hose is larger therefore flows more than a 3 an hose.

We can build these hoses in any lenth you need. OUr kits comes standard with them 2 ft long.

Keep in mind you will need a new solenoid fitting as well. With the solenoid you have you will need a 1/8npt x 4 an fitting.

Dave
Old 11-17-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
The 3 an hose from the fuel solenoid to the plate will be fine. YOu will need to upgrade the hose from the nitrous solenoid to the plate to our race hose.

The race hose is a 4 an hose that has a 3 an B-nut on one end to seal to the jet. The inner diameter of this hose is larger therefore flows more than a 3 an hose.

We can build these hoses in any lenth you need. OUr kits comes standard with them 2 ft long.

Keep in mind you will need a new solenoid fitting as well. With the solenoid you have you will need a 1/8npt x 4 an fitting.

Dave
I have your high output line and noid fitting already. Was just trying to figure out the main supply line from the tank to the noid.

I was shocked to see it holding me back. One thing is for sure, about 12 Noon today, I will know for sure as it will have a larger supply line. Its already made 670ft lb w/the one in there. its going to be interesting to see where it ends up.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

The 4 an Main feed line will vary on where it hits a wall. Lenth, inline fittings, and hose inserts between different manufactures will vary flow results. On average you can safely say a 16ft 4 an main feed line will start to hit its wall about 250 to 300 hp.

Dave
Old 11-17-2011, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

I have had great luck with all my HSW stuff, but when its time to buy another kit it will still be nitrous outlet no doubt. I bought the HSW stuff on black friday two years ago and got 20% off the entire order which was almost a grand so thats why i jumped on it.
Thats what I like to hear.. We will still be here answering the phones and providing the technical assistance our competition can not.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

update: 4 AN line just got replaced with 6 AN. should be testing in next few hours.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My -4 mainline (20ft?) only sprays a .78 jet. I tried to see how far it would go before I changed it to a -6. I pilled up a .82, and a .88, and a .99 and never picked up anything one after the other. I have -4 race hoses up front
Old 11-17-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not true... Our basic plate system will flow over 300 hp with the feed lines supplied with our system.
Sorry I was referring to hsw plate and rumors of it only flowing 150. Nitrous outlet has an impeccable reputation.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my new 92 plate on, waiting for my nano system and then to the track we go!!! The guys at nitrous outlet are awesome.
I am running -6 from the bottle to the noid bought their manifold solenoid mount kit with their stainless hard line kit. fit and looks terriffic. Sorry for the Harris solenoids in the pic fellas, when they need replaced my new ones will say Nitrous Outlet.

Once you get the bigger lines on,, you will be good to go.
Attached Thumbnails HSW Noid/Supply Line Limits? Nitrous Outlet come on in...-sdfg.jpg  

Last edited by RARON455; 11-17-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, the Nitrous Outlet plate does what its advertised to do. We put the 6AN supply line on and the engine produced 750rwhp/756rwtq.

all this with 10 degress pulled and an AFR of 11.4 Its a considerably safe tune. 7 series plugs used.

Next time at the track should be interesting.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:07 PM
FormerVendor

Congrats on the new found power.. If you have it pilled for 250 you are in the number 8 plug territory. 11.8 would be about perfect on the airfuel.
Dave
Old 11-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Congrats on the new found power.. If you have it pilled for 250 you are in the number 8 plug territory. 11.8 would be about perfect on the airfuel.
Dave
what's the biggest shot you can spray on a n/o plate?
Old 11-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

I'm having the same problem and would like to upgrade to 6an, I was wondering if someone could tell me everything I need. I know 16ft 6an main line, 6an bottle nut, and 6an line from solenoid to plate. Do I need to upgrade the fuel lines to 6an and upgrade my plate fitting to accept 6an? Will 6an to 1/8, an 1/4 npt Fitting cover all my fittings? I have a Nitrous outlet 102 plate, and hsw power max 3 noids. It says They are 1/4" NPT Side Inlet | 1/8" NPT Bottom Outlet so im assuming I just match up the fittings to 1/8 and 1/4npt sizes. I have no idea what kind of fitting to get for the plate, hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction so I can order everything one time.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slamed01Ramair
I'm having the same problem and would like to upgrade to 6an, I was wondering if someone could tell me everything I need. I know 16ft 6an main line, 6an bottle nut, and 6an line from solenoid to plate. Do I need to upgrade the fuel lines to 6an and upgrade my plate fitting to accept 6an? Will 6an to 1/8, an 1/4 npt Fitting cover all my fittings? I have a Nitrous outlet 102 plate, and hsw power max 3 noids. It says They are 1/4" NPT Side Inlet | 1/8" NPT Bottom Outlet so im assuming I just match up the fittings to 1/8 and 1/4npt sizes. I have no idea what kind of fitting to get for the plate, hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction so I can order everything one time.
going to let NO answer this.

Hower, in my case, we changed:

supply line to #6
high flow 90 deg elbow on bottle exit to prevent line bending
inlet fitting of noid.
outlet fitting of noid. N.O. sent me a much larger outlet fitting than came w/the HSW kit. see this link:
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...1&product=3749

line from noid to plate moved up from #3 to #4. nitrous outlet part:
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...5&product=2616

we used the same plate fittings that came with the kit. used same #3 fuel line and HSW stock solenoid.

Make sure and post up after changing. That line makes all the diff for sure.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
going to let NO answer this.

Hower, in my case, we changed:

supply line to #6
high flow 90 deg elbow on bottle exit to prevent line bending
inlet fitting of noid.
outlet fitting of noid. N.O. sent me a much larger outlet fitting than came w/the HSW kit. see this link:
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...1&product=3749

line from noid to plate moved up from #3 to #4. nitrous outlet part:
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...5&product=2616

we used the same plate fittings that came with the kit. used same #3 fuel line and HSW stock solenoid.

Make sure and post up after changing. That line makes all the diff for sure.
Will do I, I had a weird situation, my tuner thinks I need to upgrage line I somewhat think my numbers were low due to bottle pressure being low. either Im gonna eliminate both options... Made 507/470 na on nitrous timming, then 661/593 on a 200 hit and even less on a 250..My cam and rings were spec'd for a 250 hit so Im hoping for numbers more like yours. Also I didnt realize the feed lines for the noids were 3an
Old 11-19-2011, 02:16 AM
Staging Lane

Also what does the high flow 90degree elbow on bottle exit do?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HSW Noid/Supply Line Limits? Nitrous Outlet come on in...