Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel pump choice for standalone...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default fuel pump choice for standalone...

Hello all,, I finally got my nitrous system all in and ready,, took it friday to get a dynotune on the spray,, Didnt go well. started with a 100 shot, cut the plugs and found the rich and lean cylinders picked up 104HP,, then upped it to the 250 shot that is what I am going to run,, Car went lean super fast (15afr) on the wideband. cut the plugs and sure enough no fuel ring on the insulator. We suspected that the fuel pump was not keeping up after the initial hit. Dialed it back down to 150 shot, and sprayed, wideband showed a lean spike that stayed thru the pull,, AFR went from 11 to 11.5 and stayed there, had eyes on the pressure gauge, it fell down to 8.5 psi and never recovered,,That was telling us that my pump is not going to supply the system above a 100 shot.
HERE IS what I have, Nitrous outlet 92mm plate with nitrous outlet solenoids. A dedicated low pressure fuel system using a holley blue pump and mallory return style regulator. Was spraying at 10psi. I am guessing the holley blue just wont keep up. I am trying to decide which way to go,, A nitrous outlet standalone unit very nice but also 650$ pretty high. Or If I should swap to a better pump, or a better pump and regulator, any ideas of pump choice,,, Or will it be better to just run the nitrous outlet standalone. Thanks for the help and advice
Old 04-09-2012, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone??
Old 04-09-2012, 08:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Holley blue but thinking about changing to a higher PSI pump. If I have a voltage drop and lose say 10 percent of my pressure I'd rather it be 10% of 60psi than 10% of a low pressure.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

One call to nitrous outlet, and they hooked me up with the inline pump I need,,, Those guys are awesome,, Thats why I spend my money with them,, Great customer service is priceless...

Quick Reply: fuel pump choice for standalone...