Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyno n20 tunning need some suggestions and hp input

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i went threw the jetting and those are the jets i have. he told me to go leaner and richer cuz not every car is the same and different set ups like different jets. i really don't know much. the n2o is right but i need a lil leaner and a lil richer. that's what lost me...
Old 04-30-2012, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im confused man for real. he did a buddy of mines car, well not really a buddy but i met the guy at the track. i told him about my brothers issue he told me to give him a call. that he was the one that tunes his car. hes running a 400shot. i only seen this guy on the juice once and he was on the bumper..
Old 04-30-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Not going to offend me because he doesnt know anything about tuning N20. Do yourself a favor, Keep looking or let him tune everything but the N20 and do that yourself.
Now is the time to learn while your still on a small shot.

Put the #7 plug in it.

Nitto's suck.
tell me about it i bought them because iv see people lifting the tire on them but no luck
Old 04-30-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I would put br7ef plugs in it and tell him that they are TR6 plugs so you dont have to argue with him. Also, im not a fan of tuning N2O on a dyno. I highly doubt you will need to add fuel to the kit, youre probably going to need more than 1 step down on the fuel pill to get it right. More like 3. BUT start it out the way it sits and see what happens and go from there. From what your tuner is sayin, I would be tuning the nitrous myself.

Drop those TR6 plugs in his car and hit it with a 150 shot for 1/4 after its been tuned on a dyno and see how he likes it. Im willing to bet you will have 8 neat little ash trays.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Can I please get something straight here. So basically I could get my car tuned n/a. With the exception of changing timming or buying a timming twister or equivalent, it can be tuned for nitrous with just changing the jets till the afr gets inline with a wideband, and then plug reading?(obliviously this only applies for a wet kit). Don't you have to fool around with a dry set up a little? Just curious because my tuner isn't always around and I don't have tuning software or skills lol. Just incase I would like to go with a bigger shot or smaller and hes not around. Sorry for the higjAck bro.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by lsxTAlemy
hey guys i have 99 ta mods on sig i have the edelbrock already on and i am going to hit it with a 150, its going to be a speed density tune. now the tuner told me to get one step leaner and one step richer for the fuel side for tuning. what jets would i have to get. what can i expect out of the car hp wise i don't know if its going to be a mustang dyno or a dyno jet im basically full bolt on's and some extras like the th350 and suspension.

Like everyone else is saying get rid of the TR6 and go with the BR7Ef 3346's.Your tuner is saying to get some tuning jets. Usually when someone is looking to get tuning gets we tell them to go 2 numbers up and 2 numbers down. That way you can get the ratios correct.

What kind of system are you running on your car btw?? brand?? plate, nozzle, direct port??
Old 04-30-2012, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nos big shot kit. supposed to flow up 500 hp single Nozzle, placed at the fernco ruber. wich ill be putting it on the new 90 degree intake tubbing that I'm going to put when I get rid of the maf. will upgrade to direct port when I have the cash, if I stay n2o still undesided between this route or boost. leaning more and more to n2o...
Old 05-01-2012, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're gonna stick with a TR6 plug on a 150 hit then I hope you blow your car on the dyno for not taking these guys' advice. I'll be waiting to see a "blew my car on the dyno" thread.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for ur wishes homie. ill make sure that when my car leaves the dyno. i post a successful post on hey im hitting my car with a 150 and tr6's, for all those who wanted me to blow my car. lmao
Old 05-01-2012, 06:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im really not trying to argue here, just need advice. i know about the br7's im going to see if i can turn in the tr6 and get the br7. would i be able to get them at advanced auto? i can just switch them. i have two brand new sets of tr and one set in the car the tr's didn't even noticed the 100 shot i pulled them out after runs and they look perfect.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:04 AM
12 Second Club

Go to Advance, tell them you need NGK part number 3346. Most stock them or can get them same day. I think they are $2.29 a piece.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok im on that right now thanks. what hp should i be expecting out of this?
Old 05-01-2012, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

got em 2.59 those are the br7's
Old 05-01-2012, 09:54 AM

I had tr6s in my car big cam/intake full bolt ons....... I had them gaped at .048 and they were fine with my 100shot but for a 150 shot you need to go through all the safety precautions and make sure to do it all.... ie....... Non Projected tipped plugs and drop one more heat range (7) NGK Br7ef gaped at around .032-.035 great plug and cheap ORILEYS will have them. Also you should have a window switch, and Fuel pump upgrade. If you do not have all this I would suggest staying at 100 shot. Also going to 7s will not drastically change the way the car runs, it made my idle a little more choppy but no issues.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, do as these guys have said.

If you like the tuner and he got the car right, just tell him they are Tr6's, and please put a BR7EF in there that is a non projected tip 7 heat range plug.

You do not need your tuner to fine tune the fuel jet you can do that if you have a wideband and can read a plug.

All you need him to do is pull a safe amount of timing out + an added safety margin for error since you cannot adjust it yourself after he does.

I wouldn't waste my money on richer fuel jets. The jetting card is 9/10 rich as it is and needs to be leaned out. Although if your tuner is telling you to use a Tr6 he would probably run it richer than most of the guys on here would advise you to do.

Listen to guys like ATV and Nitro Dave. They are the ones that really know the deal and full scoop on tuning nitrous.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks i appreciate all the help and im on the mission right now looking for the br7 i have everything except the pump witch i was already looking in to but em short on the cash for the pump i have the msd digital window only thing missing is the fuel pump and no wide band
Old 05-01-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

they say nickel are they the correct ones the also say they do not fit my car

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...d=1#fragment-4
Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

?? need to know before i get out of work lol only time with a comp
Old 05-01-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

If u gave them that stock number mentioned above and they are NGK br7ef non projected tip plugs then they will fit. They are telling you that because the factory didn't call for those plugs. Also make sure they are tapered seat plugs and not gasket seat.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the pn used was the 3346 it say nickel and it don't have the ring on the top of the plug that ring is a metal gasket right
this is description
Electrode Core Material: nickel with V groove
Electrode Tip Material: nickel with V groove
Ground Strap Quantity: 1
Manufacturer Heat Range: 7
Resistor: Yes
Shorty Spark Plug: No
Spark Plug Reach: 0.708 in
Spark Plug Seat Type: tapered
Spark Plug Thread Size: 14 mm
Tip Configuration: Solid
Type: V-Power