Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New RPM Window Switch?

Anyone know if this work on an LS1?

http://www.msdignition.com/2004/2004_2.htm

MSD Digital RPM Window Switch

Activate a circuit’s On and Off point at your desired rpm.
Program the rpm and cylinder selection through the bright LED display.
Accepts an rpm signal from a 5 volt tach signal, coil negative, tach output of an ignition or through an ECU.
Ideal to control a shot of nitrous on nearly any engine combination.

Digital RPM Window Switch
Are you looking for an RPM Switch that will turn a circuit on, then off at a different rpm? How about one for your late model coil-per-cylinder ignition system? Or, something for your car with dual coil packs? Maybe one for a Viper or even a Harley Davidson? Look no further – our new Digital RPM Window Switch will do it all!
This new Switch will accept an input rpm signal from a coil negative terminal (for stock ignitions), a tach output from an ignition control, an ECU tach output or even a 5 volt tach signal. Another great feature is that no rpm modules are needed! The rpm activation points are programmed by simply scrolling through the LED display to your desired rpm amounts.
The Switch has two outputs; one Normally Open, the other is Normally Closed. It can be programmed from 200 rpm to 15,000 rpm in 100 rpm increments. It can be used with an input voltage of 9 - 18 volts.

Digital RPM Window Switch
PN 8969
Old 04-07-2004, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

It mentions dual coil packs so I imagine it will work. I was looking at the same thing.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Looks pretty sweet, and I'd imagine it would work on an LS1. I did a search for the part number they show on MSD's site (MSD-8969) on Summit's website and it came up with "RPM Switch" for only $69.95. Can that price be right? Seems awfully cheap doesn't it?

Tim
Old 04-08-2004, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Jegs had it for $91 so they may not have the price nailed down yet, but either of those prices look like a pretty good deal for a window switch.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS3520
Jegs had it for $91 so they may not have the price nailed down yet, but either of those prices look like a pretty good deal for a window switch.
I got one of the prototypes.......works excellent for my nitrous.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Great. I am pulling the trigger on a nitrous kit in the next month and think I will get one of these switches. How easy was the wiring on it?
Old 04-08-2004, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS3520
Great. I am pulling the trigger on a nitrous kit in the next month and think I will get one of these switches. How easy was the wiring on it?
On my truck, you just tap in a wire to the #10 pin on the pcm which is what reads your rpms.
You will need a relay as well between the silenoids and the switch.....don't fry your window switch (I think it was 1.5 amp max)!
Install was about 30-45 minutes.

WORKS PERFECT & I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND IT!

Quick Reply: New RPM Window Switch?