Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

taking the valve off of the bottle...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default taking the valve off of the bottle...

To my suprise my kit would push air after 5 runs. I thought the angle I mounted the bottle on may have been too gentle, so I unhooked her and tilted up- still air. Stood the bottle straight up- tons of n2o coming out. I think they didn't bend the siphon tube all the way into the corner of the bottle -seems to be in the middle of the bottle, because if I rotate it while on an angle- just air and as soon as I stand it up again it sprays.

If I open the valve to run the bottle dry, can I just unscrew the whole valve asby off the top of the bottle and pull it out to get at the siphon tube? Are these left or right hand threads?
Old 04-30-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

Yep, the valve just unscrews. The valve I have sitting here looks like a right hand thread, I could be wrong though.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My NOS bottle is a regular right hand threadas well if that helps. Then there is a nut keeping the siphon tube on that you can loosen to change it's orientation to the valve, then you can bend the tube a little more to make sure it's in the place you want it. I dug this because it was the only way I could get the valve orientation right to fit in my rear compartment and have the tube oriented right.