Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is this too much?

Old 02-27-2003, 10:49 AM
DJ
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this too much?

i'm currently running the 5177 kit on my 01 SS M6, only with 1 solenoid. and its maxed out using no jets (approx 150hp). according to ATAP i'm running no knock retard and pretty much perfect a/f ratio on the bottle, car is essentially stock, now besides the obvious (clutch 10 bolt etc) which i know will break any minute now, with the motor handle around 200 additional hp from the bottle, given i upgrade the fuel pump, and maintain the good numbers on atap?

edit* i dont mean 150 plus 200 more hp, i'm going to wire up the additon powershot solenoid and jet it down to about 50 or so, but using the same fullthrottle switch, so i'd be basically making a cheap mans two stage, i would just have to arm the second solenoid (150hp) after the launch. so for the remainder of the run i'd have two seperate nitrous "kits" running at the same time.
any imput, i dont really know the strength limitations of the stock motor. thanks in advance.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: is this too much?

Your getting into a real "edge of the envelope" situation, pushing that much nitrous into the motor. I personally think you should rethink your set up and go with a wet system. Or atleast look for bigger injectors, and a 255lph fuel pump. I think your pushing your luck, and you will burn a piston sooner rather then later.

For what injectors and fuel pump cost, I would get TNT conversion kit. Add a new fuel pump in the mix and have way more power the a dry kit. I had a #5177 kit, and it sucks compared to the TNT system. Just my .02 cents, you make it a dollar if you want. FastSS

Search this Thread