Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To run 6a box or not Lt1 75 wet shot stock timeing

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default To run 6a box or not Lt1 75 wet shot stock timeing

Hello everyone I am putting together a nitrous kit for my lt1 here is what I have so far It's a wet kit comes with selonoids,lines,bottle,bottle brackets, msd window switch, purge, nozzle fuel pressure safety switch. WOT switich. I am going to run a 75 shot I will also be picking up a nitrous switch panel. Also I have NGK plugs and Taylor Wires. And a MSD "6a" box aleady hooked up.

I have a tune from pcmforless and I am going to run a 75 wet shot for now so I do not have to get a box and pull timeing, when I move up I will get a box and pull timeing. But my question is is it okay to keep my MSD 6A plugged in while I run nitrous at WOT? I am unsure since I will not be using a box to retard timeing. Or will the msd box cause the plugs to burn to hot since I believe the purpose of the msd box is ignite all the fuel.

Any comments or tips would be greatly appreciated I have read multiple stickies but some parts were still unclear, I just want a little clarification before I take the jump and spend the money.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

I am also in need of a wiring diagram for a nitrous outlet switch panel to the msd 6a box, msd window switch, purge, nozzle fuel pressure safety switch. WOT switch. Any diagrams for wiring would be appreciated or if anyone knows where to get them at for this setup
Old 04-22-2014, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

Look here for wiring diagrams https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...ed-wiring.html

If you have a tune, your timing is probably bumped up a couple degrees. I would pull 3 just to be safe. You can always put it back in one degree at a time and if the mph goes up when you put one in, you can put another and another(checking your plugs the whole time of course for signs of overtiming and detonaton). You might end up with the timing you had already but this is a case of better safe than sorry. Id hate to see you turned off to nitrous because you ate a few pistons.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info! Do you think I would be better off getting rid of my 6a box, an selling the window switch and WOT switch and picking up the Mallory 685?

Quick Reply: To run 6a box or not Lt1 75 wet shot stock timeing