Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous window switch and tach adapter set up

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous window switch and tach adapter set up

I'm about to put a NOS power shot kit on my 99 c5 and I want to keep it as safe as possible. I'm going to run a window switch. The question is are there any switches out there that I can wire straight in to the tach signal on the factory harness or do I have to run a tach adapter as well? It's also a 6 speed car so are there any offered that I can lock out 1st gear with? I would like to possibly have one that I can run off the tps also if that's possible. I'm just trying to put together the safest setup I can running a 6 speed. Any input would be helpful. Thank you
Old 10-05-2014, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/15957-...ontroller.html

There are many other window switches with these functions but this is a solid choice.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Maximizer 4 like he linked has a built in window switch. For a C5 if you want just a window switch, you'll need the MSD 8969. It will work without any kind of tach adapters or anything like that, you just wire the signal wire to the non common (or ground) side of one of the ignition coils. The Maximizer 4 is great but it is a bit more in price because its a progressor.

-Garrett
Old 10-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Teching In

Does the maximizer 4 also have a gear lockout? I'm not too worried about price when it comes to engine protection and features. I like the progression options and computer programming features. So all I need is the box and won't have to worry about dealing with a tach adapter? Also is the box able to run with the msd timing twister?
Old 10-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Teching In

One more question. With the maximizer 4 can you mix the activation functions like having the cut on rpm mixed with the wot and speed functions or set the box mixing all the ON and cut off functions to fine tune the nitrous on and progression.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you can use the features individually or all together, such as RPM and WOT. It will have to meet both variables before it will activate. You just need the box, no tach adapters needed.

The Maximizer 4 does have a 1st gear lockout too.

It has a signal wire from the Maximizer 4 to send signal to your timing box.

Its a really nice piece, and if you have anymore questions don't be afraid to ask. Send me a PM if you want forum pricing on it.

-Garrett

Quick Reply: Nitrous window switch and tach adapter set up