Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone running the new zex nitrous kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is anyone running the new zex nitrous kit

Just wondering if anyway is running the zex nitrous system for ls1. It seems to be there better kit because it controls fuel and nitrous based off bottle pressure and throttle position. It looks like everyone recommend nitrous outlet or nitrous express on here, but they just have on off solenoids from what I've seen.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

I ran the Zex kit for a few years and then gave it to a friend of mine who put it on his '99 Mustang GT and still run's it to this day. Probably 6 years of use now, still never misses a beat.
Anyway's, its a great starter kit, very easy to install, [3 wire hookup], and very reliable.
As far as it controlling fuel and nitrous based off of bottle pressure I think that's kind of misleading. Because of the way their nozzle is designed Zex claims that it will only pull as much fuel that is needed for whatever your bottle pressure is at.
I personally can't see that happening since fuel pressure is a constant and bottle pressure is not.
Their kit is controlled by throttle position, [it will only trigger at wot]. It does this by connecting the control wire to pin#22 on the computer if I remember correctly.
That just leaves you with connecting the ground wire and of course a switched power source.
It is a great beginner kit, [its limited to 125-150 fwhp] or it could be the last kit you will ever need if that's all you want to spray.
That being said I would call and speak to the guy's at nitrous outlet and see what they can do for you.
I have used them for a couple of different systems, [one was the above mentioned Zex way back in the day] and I can tell you they are a great company.
They are also a sponser on this forum.
talk to them first before you buy.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks I will check it out.

Quick Reply: Is anyone running the new zex nitrous kit