Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous purge question - why can't I see it anymore

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nitrous purge question - why can't I see it anymore

I am sure it has to do with the weather, but when I used to purge I was able to see the white cloud. Now, when I purge I can only hear it and not see anything (its mounted in front of my windshield). My purge lines/vents do get frost on them, so I know its working.
why is this . . .
Old 06-15-2004, 12:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you out of Nitrous?
Old 06-15-2004, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

no it is a full bottle.
When I pulled the bottle and opened it I saw the white spray
The purge vents are cold to the touch, and if I purge long enough then the lines get "frost" on them. I just cant visibly see it now.
Does it have anything to do with the outside temps once it hits the air?
Old 06-15-2004, 01:19 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It depends sometimes. I've had a few occasions where I couldn't see the plume, but I saw the purge line go icy real quick and I definitely heard it purge. It was definitely not as noticiable on a very hot sunny day compared to at night.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

whoa!!! i was about to post the same ?. i was kinda figuring that it was the really hot weather here in OK. that and the fact that i'm purging out of the front of the "nostrils" and the N2O has to travel through alot of heat-soaked line to exit.

mac
Old 06-16-2004, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Clear purge

One thing I have found lately is sometimes the draw tube in the bottle is not bent or positioned correctly. Maybe even from the UPS truck. If your car still runs right on nitrous pulls then this is not the problem. If your car drops off when the bottle is 1/2 empty and purge becomes clear, then definetly check the draw tube.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:00 AM
Staging Lane

The more humid the day the whiter the plume will be. If its real hot, sunny and dry day you will not see as much white as a humid dark day or night. It all visual. Also another thing can be the filter in the solenoid is getting full of trash. Does the system feel the same when you hit it?
One thing I found to created a larger looking plume is to use a bigger vent tube and flare the end.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I know his thread is kind of old but I had the same problem, couldnt see the purge for ****. I redid my purge with a bigger line and guess what, I now get a big white plume everytime. My damn purge lines must have been too small. I swear everytime I purge now its a big white plume and it sounds better too, not restricted sounding like it was before.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:37 PM
12 Second Club

I've noticed the same thing - I think it's the warmer weather and lack of humidity in the air.

On a foggy morning a while back I purged it and I had never seen a purge so big - at least 20' I freaked out wooohoooo !!

I tried it the other day in a sunny/hot parking lot and couldn't see anything past 1" out of the purge. Bummer. Purge tubing still frosted up, so I know it's working.

Waiting for the next foggy morning to confirm my humidity theory.

Bad30th

Quick Reply: nitrous purge question - why can't I see it anymore