Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX vs NO 90mm plate kit and other ?s

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 12:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX vs NO 90mm plate kit and other ?s

So, I'm knee deep in my LS swap in my 91 Camaro and I need to get my Nitrous plan completely sorted out and the parts ordered. I have an Iron block 6.0 rebuilt with Lunati rods and Wiseco flat tops. The car is going to be used for some weekend bracket racing and maybe some idex racing, and local cruising and fun driving. The bracket/index racing will generally be done on motor alone unless I'm needing the juice to help run an index.

Where the nitrous comes in is pure fun, bragging rights and beating a pesky cobra driver from work... With that being said I had the rings gapped by my builder with up to a 300 shot in mind, (I guess we will see how the stock crank does).

I am looking to run a 90mm plate kit on my FAST 90 intake setup for now and maybe down the road upgrade to a direct port setup. Ive been looking primarily at the Nitrous Express 90mm kit 20934-10 and the Nitrous Outlet 90mm kit 00-10108...

I believe these are both quality units, and comparable to each other but I was hoping to see some input from others before making a call and placing an order. My knee jerk reaction is to go with the NX setup as the pricing is a lot better ($670 from Jegs, for the 10lb bottle kit with NHRA discount) vs $760 for the Nitrous outlet setup. But I don't want money to be my sole reason.

I'm worried about fuel puddling in the intake on a 300 shot so I was hoping some people might have some experience with this power level on either plate. I know its probably not optimal for a plate with the rest of the build the direct port system just isn't in the cards right now.

I was planning to run either setup on a progressive controller, probably the NX maximizer 4. I know that progressive controllers wear solenoids faster than normal from the pulsing so which kit has the superior solenoids?

I don't want this to get into a pissing match between brand loyalists but would love some opinions and feedback.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you look at System part # 00-10118-90 http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/gm-98-0...te-system.html that is our hard line plate system. We do offer universal soft line universal systems however we really pride ourselves on our hard lined vehicle specific systems. Our systems come out of the box already assembled with custom mounting brackets specific to your application so there is no guessing on where to mount solenoids.The hard lines are vehicle specific so you wont have to battle having lines not long enough vs too long. If it needed a 90 degree fitting for the best fitment, the kit already comes with it. No need to customize anything to make it work. On a 300 shot you may see cylinder to cylinder differences. If you are running your stock pcm than you will have to tune to the hottest cylinder. If you are running something that offers individual cylinder tuning then obviously you can pull more timing or adjust fueling on the hot cylinders. A large percentage of our products are precision machined here in TX. The nitrous solenoids are the heart of the nitrous system. Our solenoids are designed to take a beating. We utilize a stainless base and steel can to make sure that our systems have the best magnetic force possible. The stainless base also provides a superior threading surface, so that you dont have to worry about gaulding or stripping. The pistons in our Nitrous solenoids are designed to to take the abuse a progessive controller provides. Our nitrous solenoids come with a purge port and a bottom exit for superior flow. Our fuel solenoids are designed to work with E85, Pump gas and race gas. Our base plate systems have a .122 ID nitrous solenoid and .187 ID fuel solenoid. Our billet bottle valves are .395 ID with gauge and push port. The ID of this valve is as large as you would ever need even if your running more then 1000hp worth of nitrous. To sum it up, our systems are designed to provide the best fitment and highest quality possible. Not only do we pride ourselves in our product line but wait until you experience our tech service. We have the most knowledgeable techs in the industry. We dont pride ourselves in being the cheapest. We pride ourselves in being the best.

Are you running stock fuel rails or aftermarket? If you have any questions on any of our products feel free to email me at Matt@nitrousoutlet.com or you can give me a call at 254-848-4300 ext 111

- Matt

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 04-27-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

I use NX and feel that they are THE BEST ON THE MARKET TODAY. Easy to install kits and great performance. They stand behind their products and have the best customer support. Nitrous Express is the best in my opinion.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Well I decided to just go ahead and go direct port. Will be ordering a kit from Nitrous Outlet.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

Good choice!

Quick Reply: NX vs NO 90mm plate kit and other ?s