Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS mini wiring, which ECM wire for TPS signal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Default NOS mini wiring, which ECM wire for TPS signal?

Which TPS wire do you guys use for the NOS mini?

Pin 8 on the Blue ECM which is 5 Volt Reference TPS Pin "A"

or

Pin 24 on the Red ECM which is TPS Sensor Signal Pin "C"

When in programming mode on the NOS mini, if I use Pin 8 on the Blue ECM, it only displays 5.0 when setting up the TPS setting in step #9 of the instructions. You hold the pedal to the ground and it just stays at 5.0.
After programming mode has ended, the NOS mini displays "1 2"

When in programming mode on the NOS mini, if I use Pin 24 on the Red ECM, it displays 0.7, and then when I hit the pedal to the floor it shows 3.6v
After programming mode has ended, the NOS mini displays "r 2".

CH2 isn't even hooked up to anything.

I am using the CH 1 blue wire out of the NOS mini for my solenoids, and I'm using the white/blue wire which is Trigger input CH 1 for the TPS signal, which I've tried connecting to both Pin 8 on Blue ECM and also on Pin 24 on Red ECM.

Why am I not getting 4.5 shown on the NOS mini when setting up the TPS an why am I not seeing "r r" once program mode is completed?

I'd rather avoid running another wire across the bay to hook directly into the blue wire on the TPS.

Do I have a bad NOS mini? I bought it used from a member on here.

I have TPAS mode set to 02 btw, so on the nos mini it shows 8.02 when programming it.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm fighting mini probs of my own right now also but different. As far as voltage goes though your pin 24 if rising with pedal is what I'd be using. My personal car I only get 3.5 or 3.6 volts from and will only display 95% tps in hptuners. If the car was working fine at that voltage before it will still be fine now. The mini automatically sets what voltage to kick on by the step 9 process, don't quote me but I think it's 90% of the highest displayed value. That can also be manually changed.

The stage 2 is always displayed 2 on ours also and we have nothing hooked to it. Ours though if you set the window switch to anything other than zero it displays 1 at full throttle and doesn't do anything. Set window to zero and it sprays as soon as you go full throttle. They had us send the little display back saying that was the prob. Got it back from them all original settings were still display and had the same results. We are getting ready to try a different controller all together.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tug686spd
I'm fighting mini probs of my own right now also but different. As far as voltage goes though your pin 24 if rising with pedal is what I'd be using. My personal car I only get 3.5 or 3.6 volts from and will only display 95% tps in hptuners. If the car was working fine at that voltage before it will still be fine now. The mini automatically sets what voltage to kick on by the step 9 process, don't quote me but I think it's 90% of the highest displayed value. That can also be manually changed.

The stage 2 is always displayed 2 on ours also and we have nothing hooked to it. Ours though if you set the window switch to anything other than zero it displays 1 at full throttle and doesn't do anything. Set window to zero and it sprays as soon as you go full throttle. They had us send the little display back saying that was the prob. Got it back from them all original settings were still display and had the same results. We are getting ready to try a different controller all together.
Confirmed that pin 24 is correct. The blue wire is variable, the gray wire is constant. So with it hooked to blue wire, I'm seeing only 3.6 volts when testing the TPS wire at the TPS sensor with a multi. When I physically open the TB to WOT, the multi shows 4.5, so the throttle cable itself seems to be the reason why its not going to 4.5 when pressing on the pedal. So I will set the NOS mini based on pedal and stick with 3.6, rather than set it by hand at the TB itself to show 4.5.

When you say you set the window to anything other than zero, you mean if you set it for say 3000 rpms activation it displays "1 2" on the NOS mini screen?

I'm thinking i need a new cable or I need to adjust it so that it says 4.5 at WOT just so that it is correct.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Tightened the cable and got 4.6v.

TB wasn't even opening up to 90.

If you do the TSC relocation mode to behind the ECM, may want to check to see if you didn't pickup some slack in the cable when moving it around like I did.

Now to log this and see if timing is getting pulled.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine is 4150 throttle body with some home made cable and stuff. Reading your second post I was getting ready to post about the slack adjuster but it appears you found it. Make sure you do the tps relearn again and I always set the tps activation lower. In my track logs no matter how hard I think I press the pedal I always lift a little on launch. As I said mine reads 95% in hptuners at full throttle and I've went as low as 84% on launch. Need to slide seat up I guess
Old 05-08-2017, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do y'all selves a favor and forget the tps wire. Use a WOT switch.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you got it working? Is yiur throttle body modified for true wot? Also, I hook both stages up for signal into the mini. I also hook both stages up to both solenoids. This gives more tuning options.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jblankenship
So you got it working? Is yiur throttle body modified for true wot? Also, I hook both stages up for signal into the mini. I also hook both stages up to both solenoids. This gives more tuning options.
I'm not sure if it's been modified. I'm at 4.6v with pedal to the floor. Blade is at 90 degrees.

Last edited by 5.7stroker; 05-09-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's perfect.

Quick Reply: NOS mini wiring, which ECM wire for TPS signal?