Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Max effort N2O 347ci heads questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I googled the coils ... for the money i would go with a dizzy front cover ... i think it even uses sbf dizzy
Old 07-21-2017, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera EFI
Hi Ice, FIRST, MY wife DOES NOT ALLOW me to SPIT. (blk00ss)

THE BAD TECH reported by blk00ss (.024" SPG) : A small Spark Plug GAP wastes the coil energy

MY tests allow for Arc Duration measurement using my CO-2 Pressure Chamber AND a Scope.
GM Specification for SPG is .045" to .050" with some at .060".
This is because the Arc Duration is correct (thirty degrees of crankshaft rotation) for the coil fitted AND best overall engine performance.
WHEN the SPG is CLOSED that Arc Duration becomes much greater, sixty to seventy degrees.
This is a waste of the energy, electrons, used to heat the fuel/air/NOS that allows ignition inside the cylinder.

THUS the 10 AMP GM OEM coil family with the small SPG would act like a FOUR AMP coil. (energy release within time required)

There is NO REASON to close the SPG when the coil fitted can spark in the cooler NOS filled cylinder.

I ONLY ask you "ICE" to Googly "IGN-1A" coils for world wide provided information.

Lance, BTW I was a team member of modern DIS in 1984. (US Patent)
You do know that using big words doesn't automatically make you smart, right? Literally no one that sprays any serious shot runs a gap like that.

For ***** and giggles, tell us what plug you would recommend.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blk00ss
Literally no one that sprays any serious shot runs a gap like that.

What he said!

-Chris
Old 07-21-2017, 07:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Autolite Nascar "x" Racing

Hi "BS" BLK-00, I use the Autolite 3922x Spark Plug for a 400 HP Shot

Lance
Old 07-21-2017, 07:47 PM
Teching In

So does anyone else know or have any experience running stock coils with a big shot of n2o?
I have decided aftermarket coils are out of the question ... if the stock ones arent up to the task then ill go with the dizzy setup
Old 07-22-2017, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by blk00ss
You do know that using big words doesn't automatically make you smart, right? Literally no one that sprays any serious shot runs a gap like that.

For ***** and giggles, tell us what plug you would recommend.
Conceptually, he's right about the plug gap. Not that it makes his crazy explanation accurate. Ideally you want to utilize a larger plug electrode gap because of its benefit to combustion consistency with leaner air/fuel mixtures or poorly homogenized mixtures local to the plug electrodes when the spark is delivered. The further the piston is from TDC, the worse these effects are and the more difficult it is to attain consistency with a smaller plug gap. Fortunately, LS engines have a well designed combustion chamber that does well to homogenize the mix, so these setups running stock coils and tighter plug gaps don't suffer as much fuel economy loss and high emissions output during low load conditions. As an aside, spark duration and 'wasted coil energy' are non-issues here where we are focusing on making horsepower... The length of time the spark is delivered, considered either in the time domain or crank angle domain, isn't critical because the mixture near the spark plug ignites and the flame moves away from the source. You wouldn't try to ignite inert exhaust gas, nor would you need to ignite a mixture that is already burning. Plenty of tests have been performed that confirm negligible impact to high load performance with a longer spark. As for coil energy, you're not actually wasting anything if a plug gap is too wide and voltage requirements too high for the spark to jump the gap. Thus the need to close a plug gap with N2O/boost/high CR for the voltage requirements to be low enough for the coil to deliver a spark. So I don't know where Lance comes up with this stuff lol.

tl;dr.. if you aren't concerned about passing emissions and aren't trying to squeeze every last MPG out of the car, just run the stock coils, close the plug gap a bit and let it eat
Old 07-22-2017, 11:27 PM
Teching In

thank you smokeshow
Old 07-23-2017, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Stock coils are fine. That guy Lance sells aftermarket coils that's why he suggests them lol just look at all the threads he is involved in
Old 07-23-2017, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by baronsmith98
Stock coils are fine. That guy Lance sells aftermarket coils that's why he suggests them lol just look at all the threads he is involved in
No ****. Someone ask what torque arm should I run? Lane: well you should get these IGN 4567 coils. Will totally help you hook.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:45 PM
FormerVendor

Default Engine Cylinger Ignition = Comet Tail

Hi MANY, those who believe in Jakes description of the combustion INSIDE the engine cylinder. (INCORRECT Discription)

Example : Union 76 R&D center, Yorba Linda, High Speed IN CYLINDER photographed, "combustion in motion". (1992-1994)
Witnesses : Barry Duffin, Lance Nist, Tim Woose.
What was found : The combustion Kernel began at the Spark Plug then it revolved creating a Comets Tail view.

This is the MAIN REASON the Arc Duration is IMPORTANT.
This is ALSO related to the OP with respect to head design AND Swirl.

Lance
Old 07-26-2017, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hi MANY, those who believe in Jakes description of the combustion INSIDE the engine cylinder. (INCORRECT Discription)

Example : Union 76 R&D center, Yorba Linda, High Speed IN CYLINDER photographed, "combustion in motion". (1992-1994)
Witnesses : Barry Duffin, Lance Nist, Tim Woose.
What was found : The combustion Kernel began at the Spark Plug then it revolved creating a Comets Tail view.

This is the MAIN REASON the Arc Duration is IMPORTANT.
This is ALSO related to the OP with respect to head design AND Swirl.

Lance
I just...what? Of course combustion happens inside the cylinder, Lance. If that's incorrect, I'm not sure what you're here trying to sell... If you didn't understand what I said and want to learn something, read it again or ask for clarification.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

Default Engine Cylinger Ignition = Comet Tail

Hi Jake, you stated that combustion moved away from the center source in EQUAL Direction. (Eluded to)

Lance
Old 07-26-2017, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hi Jake, you stated that combustion moved away from the center source in EQUAL Direction. (Eluded to)

Lance
No. Read it again.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

In case you think I'm trying to pull the wool over ol' Lance's eyes...this is right from the Heywood book...

Old 07-26-2017, 05:23 PM
FormerVendor

Default Arc Duration = 30* crankshaft rotation

Hi JAKE, yes what IS stated in your book report is TRUE the same "tech" as I state.

That report STATES that a longer Arc Duration GREATER than 30* of crankshaft rotation has NO EFFECT. (correct)
That report STATES once the Arc is established there is no need for the great initial energy. (correct)

NOW you state that I am correct with the Comet Tail combustion picture, thus a beginning and an end of the tail.
That PROVES an ARC Duration of some length is required.

NOW for the Circa of this book ?

We, Woodward, have engines running WAY over the "LEAN" limit as described in THIS book as IMPOSSIBLY.
This is using a Pre-Chamber Spark Plug AND the IGN-1A coil. (US Patent 2009)

I was speaking to Mike Thermos about SPG and NOS, he agreed with my findings.
He reported this SAME method with a 12.5 AFR was a measurement of UNDER 1000F EGT's at WOT with a "heavy" NOS
Lance
Old 07-26-2017, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hi JAKE, yes what IS stated in your book report is TRUE the same "tech" as I state.

That report STATES that a longer Arc Duration GREATER than 30* of crankshaft rotation has NO EFFECT. (correct)
That report STATES once the Arc is established there is no need for the great initial energy. (correct)

NOW you state that I am correct with the Comet Tail combustion picture, thus a beginning and an end of the tail.
That PROVES an ARC Duration of some length is required.

NOW for the Circa of this book ?

We, Woodward, have engines running WAY over the "LEAN" limit as described in THIS book as IMPOSSIBLY.
This is using a Pre-Chamber Spark Plug AND the IGN-1A coil. (US Patent 2009)

I was speaking to Mike Thermos about SPG and NOS, he agreed with my findings.
He reported this SAME method with a 12.5 AFR was a measurement of UNDER 1000F EGT's at WOT with a "heavy" NOS
Lance
In fact, the book just directly contradicted what you said. Totally the opposite of what you are saying. I posted it because it is a reference to information from a legitimate source. Not name drops of people nobody has ever heard of. That excerpt does not say anything about 30° of crankshaft rotation. The word crankshaft doesn't show up at all. Pretty clear you're just making up unfalsifiable bullshit in an attempt to not look like an illiterate idiot in order to continue selling your ignition coils...
Old 07-26-2017, 07:56 PM
FormerVendor

Default CIRCA of BOOK

Hi Jake, IT IS NOW KNOW BY YOU (AND OTHERS) as to WHEN your DATA was published ? (NO)
THUS BE HONEST, THE DATE ?

BTW WHAT DOES WHAT DOES "LOL" OR "BULLSHIT" MEAN ?

THUS YOU HAVE RESPECT from the Modders/ADDMEN HERE at LS-1 TECH ?

AS TO MY respect for LS-1 TECH (NO), the WORD Chevelle IS NOT OBSERVED Correctly ? ( SORRY ALL BUT TRUE)

LEARN TO READ THE BOOK YOU STATE ?

Lance
Old 07-26-2017, 08:08 PM
FormerVendor

Default Heywood book 1988 ?

Hi JAKE, YES GOOD, A 1988 BOOK, YES I KNOW GOOGLE !

MY CONCERN IS THAT some Knowledge MAY HAVE been OBSERVED within THAT time Period.

THUS MY PATENTS are un-observed ?

GET A LIFE !

Lance
Old 07-26-2017, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hi Jake, IT IS NOW KNOW BY YOU (AND OTHERS) as to WHEN your DATA was published ? (NO)
THUS BE HONEST, THE DATE ?

BTW WHAT DOES WHAT DOES "LOL" OR "BULLSHIT" MEAN ?

THUS YOU HAVE RESPECT from the Modders/ADDMEN HERE at LS-1 TECH ?

AS TO MY respect for LS-1 TECH (NO), the WORD Chevelle IS NOT OBSERVED Correctly ? ( SORRY ALL BUT TRUE)

LEARN TO READ THE BOOK YOU STATE ?

Lance
Amazon Amazon

Written by John Heywood in 1988, MIT professor of mechanical engineering and modern ICE godfather.

I don't understand the rest of what you're trying to say.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:03 PM
FormerVendor

Default (sure in 1988)

Hi Jake, you suggest NO advancement in THIRTY YEARS !
THEN YOUR book states TRUE ? (sure in the Dark Ages)
Rare Earth Magnet "fitted" coils DID NOT EXIST at that time!

THUS YOU "SPIT" on ME ?

YES I sell COILS to the MOST ADVANCED shops ON THIS PLANET !

YOU DO NOT HAVE the best interest for LS-1 tech members.

Lance

Quick Reply: Max effort N2O 347ci heads questions