Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NANO nitrous problem question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NANO nitrous problem question?

I just hooked up the nano 3000 kit to my nitrous outlet bottle. The bottle pressure really didn't change at all. It was low like 600psi do to chilling it for filling. I have a full nano and full nitrous bottle. The nitrous gauge didn't move at all when I turned the nano on. I figured it would shoot up to 950 were its regulated as soon as I truned the nano on. Nano wont answer there phone or emails. Any way I can see if the check valve or regulator is working? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2017, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably because the nitrous bottle was full.....even though pressure was low.

pressure was only low, because the nitrous bottle was cold. cold air is denser, and would create lower pressure in a set environment (i.e. nitrous bottle) vs. higher temps in the same bottle (higher pressure).

you need to check your pressure when the nitrous bottle temp is normal, room temp. if its just been filled, then the pressure should be around 900ish give or take depending on temp.

if both bottles are full, then hooking them up and turning on the nano wont do much since your pressure should already be about 950psi. there is no empty space in the nitrous bottle for the nano to "replace" because you haven't used any yet.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

How do I tell if it's working besides the nitrous gauge? I can't call nano they won't answer it sucks.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:20 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Un-hook the Nano line from the bottle and re-attach and see if that works. I've run NANO for years. The issue I found is, if the Nitrous Bottle is already at a high pressure from the outside heat, the shut-off check valve will trigger and then it will prevent the NANO air from entering even after pressure drops. I always purge the bottle down prior to attaching NANO line on hot days to prevent this. If that does not work, try icing your NANO bottle....
Old 09-15-2017, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I think I'm screwed I hooked another nitrous guage downstream and the pressure is still low. I guess the check vlv isn't working and can't order a new one because nano doesn't have website anymore tried calling doxens of times no answer. I guess there is no way to get the check vlv to open other than replacing it is there??
Old 09-16-2017, 05:28 PM
Teching In

I have accumulated three of them myself, all you have to do is separate it and check the seat area as it is a nylon type fitting. I got one right from nano that had a piece of plastic stuck in it. If you have a clean seat and when you shake it you hear the piston jogging back-and-forth and it's installed right it should be working but when I turn my system on with a fresh fill I hear the check valve click open
I also leave my nano on the entire time, not shutting it off until I hit 1200 psi or run out of nitrous, which ever comes first.
if your pressure is low then you need to add a shim or two to the nano regulator because it could be set to low. Mine had three in it and I dropped it down to one but my pressure was 1050, maybe your valve doesn't have any shims for some strange reason.

Last edited by Silver C6; 09-16-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not trying to knock a product that works but for the additional cost of the kit and hassle of filling a nitrogen bottle, why not just add an additional nitrous bottle and bottle warmers? I use two 15 pound bottles plumbed in parallel and have no problems maintaining good pressure with a warmer on each bottle and a pressure controlled switch to turn them on and off.

Quick Reply: NANO nitrous problem question?