LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide-10/)
-   -   Nano Nitrous (https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/1898744-nano-nitrous.html)

BlkOps 05-18-2018 04:32 PM

Nano Nitrous

I have a little coffee set up on my car. Without a bottle heater. I am looking at the nano nitrous stuff. Anyone have experience with the nano Nitrous stuff? I am thinking about doing it instead of a bottle heater.

HCI2000SS 05-18-2018 04:41 PM

To be honest I'm not sure this Nano stuff is really necessary. At least with smaller shots. My bottle heater does a pretty good job at keeping pressure up until I get down to the last 2 to 3 lbs. And for the extra cost of this system I'm not so sure it's really worth it, when a good heater will be effective enough. This is just my experience and opinion

BlkOps 05-18-2018 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS (Post 19899077)
To be honest I'm not sure this Nano stuff is really necessary. At least with smaller shots. My bottle heater does a pretty good job at keeping pressure up until I get down to the last 2 to 3 lbs. And for the extra cost of this system I'm not so sure it's really worth it, when a good heater will be effective enough. This is just my experience and opinion

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
What kind of heater do you have?
I am only spraying 100. And I will be sticking with only 100 for a while.

AgFormula02 05-18-2018 06:22 PM

Nano works. It helps keep pressure/flow constant through the pass. Important in the 1/8th, really important in the 1/4.
This is magnified as you move to a bigger shot.

I used the system until until we went turbo.
Even on the dyno we noticed it helped maintain the right a/f ratio through the whole pull. (Usually the longer you are on it, you tend to richen up as pressure drops.)

nothing aginat heaters. They get the initial pressure up. But with Nano you don’t drop pressure as much.

the downside is you can show 1200 psi while having little to no nitrous in the bottle. You need to weight bottles always.

HCI2000SS 05-18-2018 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by BlkOps (Post 19899113)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
What kind of heater do you have?
I am only spraying 100. And I will be sticking with only 100 for a while.

I don't know the exact model number, but it's from NX and the heater automatically adjusts for optimum pressure. The Nano is cool and All, but in my opinion just not worth the extra expense with something like a 100 shot. In a 1/4 run I might drop a 100 psi which quickly goes back up. Hardly enough enough to change power and AFR. In fact, when we were tuning the car my tuner had no problem keeping the AFR stable through out the run

'68LT1camaro 05-18-2018 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by BlkOps (Post 19899071)
I have a little coffee set up on my car. Without a bottle heater. I am looking at the nano nitrous stuff. Anyone have experience with the nano Nitrous stuff? I am thinking about doing it instead of a bottle heater.

These bottle heaters are inexpensive and work great. I have three heaters from this company. Fantastic products and dirt cheap.
http://pronitrous.com/home/815-proni...-240w-12v.html

BlkOps 05-19-2018 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by AgFormula02 (Post 19899122)
Nano works. It helps keep pressure/flow constant through the pass. Important in the 1/8th, really important in the 1/4.
This is magnified as you move to a bigger shot.

I used the system until until we went turbo.
Even on the dyno we noticed it helped maintain the right a/f ratio through the whole pull. (Usually the longer you are on it, you tend to richen up as pressure drops.)

nothing aginat heaters. They get the initial pressure up. But with Nano you don’t drop pressure as much.

the downside is you can show 1200 psi while having little to no nitrous in the bottle. You need to weight bottles always.

How much was your nano set up?

dreww 06-12-2018 08:01 PM

I have the 3000psi nano setup. Ive used it on a 125 shot so far. Never used a heater so wont knock it. I chose nano cause I didn't want to wait for a bottle heater. I also didn't like feeling the power drop thru a pull as the bottle pressure dropped. 3000psi tank gets filled at local paintball park

'68LT1camaro 06-13-2018 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by dreww (Post 19913373)
I chose nano cause I didn't want to wait for a bottle heater.

But in reality, that's not really a good argument. Most people won't blast down the street or track unless their engine and oil is warmed up. When you first start your car and that heating process is taking place, the warmers are also bringing the bottles up to temp. So you have to wait on your car to warm up regardless. Once your engine and oil is warmed up, your bottle pressure is there, so you're ready to go. If you run a big shot with a single bottle and you feel like it's taking too long to get your pressure back up, run two warmers on a single bottle. If you feel like your pressure drops off too much during the run, then run two bottles plumbed in parallel. Maybe I'm just old school but it seems silly to me to buy a nitrogen bottle when I could just buy another nitrous bottle (& warmer) to maintain pressure longer AND double my nitrous capacity or just buy another cheap bottle warmer to heat the bottle quicker if I'm on a budget.

SF 1HOTLS1 06-27-2018 12:05 PM

Here's my experience. Back when I was shooting a 125 shot, I picked up half a second and 4 mph when I turned on the nano. That was leaving the current n20 jet in it and just putting a smaller fuel jet.

then I had issues with the regulator. It would always go to 1350 when I opened the nano. That's to high. Tom darnel was hella old and not much help. It's under new ownership tho.

I just run a 15lb bottle and a big ass arc full wrap bottle heater now.

but it does work and does what it's suppose to. Price has gone up tho. Use to be 400 for a kit back them.

SF 1HOTLS1 06-27-2018 12:07 PM

If your into roll racing the nano is a good idea. Cuz after 1 run on the highway pressure falls pretty good and your opponent is not going to wait 5 minutes for you to build up pressure again.

anddd if you spray at a lower pressure your not taking full advantage of your system and it's bad to run rich.

veezee 07-11-2018 04:46 AM

Nano is super convenient. Even more so for any nitrous use outside of drag racing at the strip.
I live near a circuit track which hosts street meet style events, where people cruise around the track at a slow pace and roll race on the straights, basically simulating a cruise down the highway or around town except completely legal.
I wouldn't even bother going without Nano. I can do back to back runs at optimum pressure and my AFR is always on point. Plus I can drain the entire bottle before seeing performance drop off.

ls2 bait 08-08-2018 10:00 PM

NANO works. Flat out. I’m surprised it’s not more commonly used. My car picked up 100 ft lbs of torque with the nano and like 30 hp. My 250 shot put out exactly the same pull after pull, pass after pass. I have the 4500 psi kit which I don’t think they sell anymore and now the bottle is expired so I can’t get it filled either. The down side is having to go to a paintball park to get it filled. I haven’t sprayed my car in a few yrs so I haven’t worried about it. It’s mostly a garage Queen or I drive it to work once in awhile.