Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Direct ported FAST or Super Vic?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 10:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Direct ported FAST or Super Vic?

hello all,

I’m at a bit of a dilemma, and I’m looking for some real world advice from some of the experts. I currently run a FAST 92/92 with a Nitrous Outlet plate system on my 416. I plan on upping the ante for the 2019 racing season and want to add a direct port kit to the car, and use the plate system as either a second gun on the steering wheel or as a legitimate second stage controlled by my Maximizer progressive controller.

I got a line on a ported super victor that had an Induction Solutions kit installed and flowed by I.S. and it’s brand new and a great deal. If I went this route I’d run a 4150 style EFI elbow out to the plate and throttle body and cut the cowl back a bit for fitment. I have a VFN wide Sunoco, should clear the hood, but if not I’m not too concerned with cutting a little hole in it for clearance. This is a mainly strip car.

My other option is to send my FAST out to someone like Nitrous Outlet or Induction Solutions have a direct port system installed on it and then bolt it back on and run things as they are now.

I’ve been trying to do some research and reading on what’s more efficient and more reliable. I’ve seen some say that the super victor flows well but the elbows kill flow and efficiency and others say it’s great.

What are you recommendations in this scenario and help me out with some real world ideas/results If possible.

This is in an FBODY.

Thanks all.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:54 AM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

Trade up to a Fast 102 and do a nice direct port on it
Old 12-12-2018, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

How much of a shot are you planning? The bigger the shot the less of a demand on the intake to bring the air in. For simplicity I'd put the direct port on what you have. Super Vic definitely looks better but requires some work to make everything fit.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

That motor, with the Fast on it will likely make more power NA than the Super Vic with the elbow. I'd put a fogger on the Fast 102 unless you're willing to go to an accufab style throttle body on top of the Super Victor.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your advice guys.. I learned that the intake elbows are not the correct route. An accufab style 4150 TB would be the way to go in this case, and I'd ditch the idea of using my current plate kit if I went for the Super Victor intake setup I found. I currently am running a 250 through the 92mm plate and I think I'd like to start running a 300 on my first stage (hence why I wanted to go direct port because I don't think it's recommended to spray more than 250ish through the front entry style plates) and slap 50-100 jets in the plate (since i have the parts i figure hell why not keep them) for a quick scramble button to be used in a grudge race scenario as needed. Brandon I am sending you a pm, but I will also send Nitrous Outlet an email.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by allblackedout5
Thank you for your advice guys.. I learned that the intake elbows are not the correct route. An accufab style 4150 TB would be the way to go in this case, and I'd ditch the idea of using my current plate kit if I went for the Super Victor intake setup I found. I currently am running a 250 through the 92mm plate and I think I'd like to start running a 300 on my first stage (hence why I wanted to go direct port because I don't think it's recommended to spray more than 250ish through the front entry style plates) and slap 50-100 jets in the plate (since i have the parts i figure hell why not keep them) for a quick scramble button to be used in a grudge race scenario as needed. Brandon I am sending you a pm, but I will also send Nitrous Outlet an email.
No problem. I replied to your PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

If you are going to change intakes....I'd change cam's too..but that's just me.